Quantcast

AFLD: no sanctions for Lance

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
France's anti-doping agency says it will not seek sanctions against cyclist Lance Armstrong over a dispute with a drug tester.The Associated PressPARIS - France's anti-doping agency says it will not seek sanctions against cyclist Lance Armstrong over a dispute with a drug tester.The AFLD agency said in a statement Friday that it "decided to take into consideration the athlete's written explanations'' and will not open disciplinary procedures.The anti-doping agency has said the American cyclist did not fully cooperate with a drug tester who showed up at Armstrong's home in France to collect blood, urine and hair samples on March 17.The seven-time Tour de France winner has said he wasn't sure of the identity of the drug tester and did not try to evade or delay testing.The AFLD said in its statement that the blood and urine tests were clean, but that it did not test the hair samples.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
hmmmmm. how should we read into this? did they realize what they did was wrong and backpedaled to look forgiving or were they pressured/felt pressured to give him a free pass? either way they look bad.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Maybe they realize that kicking Lance out of the tour means no team Asta...I mean Livestrong, which means no Contador. Someone has to bankroll that team.

I don't mean to cast any aspersions on Contador, who apparently can climb like Pantani and time trial like Indurain. That's totally normal, and well within what the human body normally does....

Everyone knows that Indurain and Pantani were totally clean, by the way...