Quantcast

Age limit.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
McConnell,Pelosi,Biden,and many others. Fucking 65 years old! Max. That is The Max age you can be. We could go younger of course. Stumlin,bumlen,lost train of thought motherfucker! Makin Millions.

I give up. Such distain I have. It is overwhelming to me,the state we are in. Thats all I have to say.

Avy

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
McConnell,Pelosi,Biden,and many others. Fucking 65 years old! Max. That is The Max age you can be. We could go younger of course. Stumlin,bumlen,lost train of thought motherfucker! Makin Millions.

I give up. Such distain I have. It is overwhelming to me,the state we are in. Thats all I have to say.

Avy
So you are saying that me and JBP are feeble minded old farts then...fuck you :boss:

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Very simply put my point was that testing for some arbitrary “intelligence” level is as bad as genetic testing before granting basic fundamental rigjts like voting.

Most people are stupid by some metric. If you wanna have representative democracy (or something even remotely akin to it), you gotta let everyone vote - regardless of how dumb you think they are…

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Very simply put my point was that testing for some arbitrary “intelligence” level is as bad as genetic testing before granting basic fundamental rigjts like voting.

Most people are stupid by some metric. If you wanna have representative democracy (or something even remotely akin to it), you gotta let everyone vote - regardless of how dumb you think they are…
Oh, I'm not talking about the voters.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Oh, I'm not talking about the voters.
Same argument applies for officials / public servants. Only letting the smart people rule is in some senses how aristocracy arose in the first place.

To be clear, I don’t disagree with you. In fact, I am not sure any of us are actually smart enough to “do the job” any more. It may be time to welcome out robot overlords…

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Same argument applies for officials / public servants. Only letting the smart people rule is in some senses how aristocracy arose in the first place.

To be clear, I don’t disagree with you. In fact, I am not sure any of us are actually smart enough to “do the job” any more. It may be time to welcome out robot overlords…
A lot of government positions require potential employees to pass a civil service exam. Same or similar should apply to politicians. At the very least they should have a basic understanding of how government works. Marjorie Taylor Green an Lauren Boebert most likely could not pass the test.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
For the record, I don't think stupid is genetic. Stupid comes from other places than that.

I do think it makes sense to have leaders who are still physically and mentally agile. Age is sort of less relevant than one would think. I've seen some shit for brains 50 yr olds and some crisp 80 yr olds.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
A lot of government positions require potential employees to pass a civil service exam. Same or similar should apply to politicians. At the very least they should have a basic understanding of how government works. Marjorie Taylor Green an Lauren Boebert most likely could not pass the test.
i doubt the vp could....

she makes dan quayle look like stephen hawkings...

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Good point. I guess my view of humanity is so dim that I automatically go to the worst case scenario - using testing and pretequisites to limit the qualified members of society to a select elite. I mean that’s what I’d do if I were ling (er…”king”) of the world….

eta: if I were king (or even ling) of the world, I’d have staff to fix my typos on RM and shit…

Last edited:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Good point. I guess my view of humanity is so dim that I automatically go to the worst case scenario - using testing and pretequisites to limit the qualified members of society to a select elite. I mean that’s what I’d do if I were ling of the world….
I guess I should have said,”term limit”,this would be the way to nip it,no?

Then again,they could just run for their first term at 80 years of age. Fuck.

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
yes a career attorney and prosecutor would have a hard time passing a civics test

a combined job that literally utilizes daily, state and federal statutes
Yes Brother woo,this is one matter I feel is a Must,amoung others from my post. That is to say,being educated in your field? Like Harris. I thought she was Proper? She ain’t proper,fucking her way up. Don’t get Avy started how she handled the Catholic molestation case. This dumb ass drug taking Wench! How can she say these things she says? Does she not refer to her staff? Fucking Newsom is going to run for El Presidenta? Did you know woo that he has Never met with his law enforcement? The only CA Govner to do so? He refuses to meet with them? Not like we have had a good Govener,but still this must be noted.

For me,I feel so hopeless when I think of Big Corps and lobbiest. With that amount of money,it is as hopeless as holding them accountable for their actions,any of them with money. I must stop.

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
like police unions?

I never said harris wasn't an insufferable twat, because she is. But only a moron would think she couldn't pass a civics exam.
I was not saying she could not pass a civics exam,sorry for the confusion. Let us speak of the police unions. Even if you have said before,which I am sure you have. Please indulge me with you’re anger with the police,IE who or what do you blame it on?

Avy

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Over the years I have come to the distinct impression that large portions of your population seem to think that a Police union is OK, but Electricians union is not?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
People can be smart and stupid at the same time. Just look at half the people who graduate from college or university, for example.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Over the years I have come to the distinct impression that large portions of your population seem to think that a Police union is OK, but Electricians union is not?
And fucking teachers. Why wont they just work for free?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
cops are devine angels sent from the heavens to protect our children (that really means just protect our money)

teachers and electricians are members of the free market which is always right

which makes sense if you ignore everything and literally know nothing

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
meh, everything's corruptable

we nee more unions for real workers and fewer cops

cops aren't workers

I ain't skrd

I am in favor of all unions. Sadly, if I had gone Union for my Trade,I would be retired. You know woo,it’s funny,I have many reasons why I like the Union,but #1 is that Big Farma,or any Huge Corp. Loath any power given to the worker. They want to Smash you under their thumb. To pay nothing close to a descent wage,cut them under 40hrs so they don’t have to pay for Beni’s. To give you nothing for a raise. Not even a naked Bone you would throw to the Dog. So yeah,I love to see the Union thrive.

Walmart always took me back for screwing the workers? I thought that was (what’s his name the OG?) motto? Take care of his crew?

The police I am coming back too woo.

Now the Teacher Union is Crazy. We have over 900 fucking school boards? Getting paid a lot of money. Now I’m all good with the pay,it’s the amount of boards? It’s the number one thing I would bring down to Earth. Anyway,sorry.

Avy

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
fucking her way up
Say you’re misogynistic with out saying it. . .
Remember that one time she was recorded saying she could do any thing, she could just go grab em by the dick? Oh wait that was someone else. Humorous how every talking point against Harris is that she fucked her way to the top. Male politician is praised for such behavior.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
One state board

Many districts, because duh

wait till he finds out how many law enforcement precincts we have between county sheriffs, township PDs, CHP, DEA, CBP, BLM, USFS, FBI etc etc etc....

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Say you’re misogynistic with out saying it. . .
Remember that one time she was recorded saying she could do any thing, she could just go grab em by the dick? Oh wait that was someone else. Humorous how every talking point against Harris is that she fucked her way to the top. Male politician is praised for such behavior.
Humorous is exactly what she is. Always gigglen while speaking. Like she just had a Good rush of a drug,getting her all wet and shit.

Avy