Quantcast

Ahh It feels good to be back on the road again

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I've been on my mt bike for the last 6 months [might have something to do with getting 53 inches of rain and having an expensive steel frame].

I cleaned her up and went for a nice ride in the hills...

wow talk about making adjustments..

It took a few miles just to let my body sag into position then I had to make the speed adjustment. I forgot how cool flying downhill at 50 mph on smooth pavement feels...Conversely I forgot how much effort it takes to climb 8-10% grades with just a double chainring but I soon regained my out of the saddle climbing rhythm and got my breathing sorted out. I was checking out the wildflowers, valley vistas, and generally enjoying myself for a few hours of having the road to myself [saw 2 cars, one motorcycle and 2 other bikes]

maxed my HR at 177 on a short but steep wall but otherwise I stayed between 155 and 165 on the climbs and around 130 the rest of the time.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Well... you know me - style at all costs. It warms my heart to see that your tyres, frame and pedals match. OK, not really - it looks like your tyres are more of a turquiose but you still score points for effort. :thumb:

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
Purdy bike...

My geared roadie has been sidelined since November, and I've been riding fixed exclusively on the road. And I'm mighty tired of it. I want to turn a crank that's longer than 165mm. I want to coast. And I want to go faster than the 32mph my feeble spin allows. Lots faster. Grrr....

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
wooglin said:
Purdy bike...

My geared roadie has been sidelined since November, and I've been riding fixed exclusively on the road. And I'm mighty tired of it. I want to turn a crank that's longer than 165mm. I want to coast. And I want to go faster than the 32mph my feeble spin allows. Lots faster. Grrr....
Me too. Except I have 180's and the fastest my spin allows me to go is about 28....end that scares me(32x13).

One more week......one more week!

Nice bike though.

The Ito

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
I used to know a guy named Eric up in the Santa Cruz mts. Good guy but his wife got him into riding horses. What the hell ever happened to him?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
DBR X6 RIDER said:
That's old-school style, not just a pump. Not to mention a good weapon should you cross paths with a dog.
Then again, it could just be a very tall and thin thermos?;)
Ding Ding Ding we have a winna

Silca Frame Pump with a circa 1980 Chrome Steel Campy pump head

I've cracked a few nasty dogs heads and one windshield with it :)