Quantcast

Ahhhhh, dirt!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
We had a brief thunderstorm Wednesday night which the left the trails in AWESOME shape. Derek and I headed up a little higher yesterday to ride some trails that had recent snowmelt. They are in the tackiest BEST condition I have ridden in a long time. No sand anywhere and great traction. It ended being around 20 miles, 2 hours on the button, and my best day out this year. The only negative aspect is the masses of mosquitos. Even though we Deeted up, I still have a few silver dollar sized bites...on my ass!

Here is Derek on a new connector singletrack up to a snow shelter. It's freshly built and a bit overgrown in places, but really really fun rolling stuff.

We PNW people are good at cyclocross since we're used to so much blowdown. The trail is actually to the right!

This pic is a bit hazy since I'm looking into the light. The smell of everything blooming out there is amazing.

The trail climbs up from Tumalo Creek and parallels it before we turned upwards on South Fork trail.

This picture was on the fly snap, shoot because I was getting swarmed with mosquitos.

That's the last one because I had to climb fast and continuosly to keep from getting bit.

Nice evening, only saw one other guy out riding. People are totally missing out on this trail right now. I've ridden it a ton and never seen it so great.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Yah, these trails were intermediate trails, not too many rock garden sections...my arm can't handle that yet.

Chunky Munkey

Herpes!
May 10, 2006
is ALWAYS key I say...
Now DAT'S MOUNTAINBIKING! Nice scenary! Gotta love riding in places where one minute you can be saying to your girlfriend how much fun your having riding with her followed by, ''Your on yer own!" as the bear drags her into the deep foliage.