Quantcast

Air Filters...

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
I live in an old house and its constatnly dusty despite vacuming often. Some days I'll wake up and it feels like I can't breathe like asthma (which I had when I was a kid). I though about getting one of those HEPA filters but those things a huge and pretty expensive. So I thought about those ion type filters. A smoker friend has one in his car and claims that it works...and of course these the home versions that are sold through brookstones and sharper images....do they actually work?

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i have heard that they work wonders (the ion) for smokers. i have never expirienced them first hand though, so i am not sure. i would love to know if they do, because i have the same problem with dust as you and some mornings it is unbearable.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
We have one near our cat box because the cat's poopie stinks like no other. I dunno why so don't ask me

We got it from Target I think for $30. It said for all kinds of stainds and what not, and was considered an "air purifier". Works so-so

I'd imagine that the better quality ones or the ones ment just for air purity would work good. Just gotta keep the filers cleaned out.