Quantcast

Alert::stolen Planet X Prototype

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
Thats rite folks....thieves are the scum of the earth and have struck again. This time @ sears point nationals while i was taking my brother to the hospital in an ambulance. Here is a basic description of the bike

Frame-planet X split tail prototype(looks like a ridgeback with rear suspension) in flat Black.
Fork-Brand new custom tuned Fox Float 100 rlc
Shock-custom tuned Fox Float R
Brakes- New Hope Mono Minis, 185mm frt, 165 rr
Tires- Michelin comp 24.1 lite frt, comp 15(semi-slick) rr
Wheels- Planet X LMF rims on Planet X hubs
Cranks-Truvativ holzfellars with drive side machined out for single ring
Guide-truvativ box guide
Drive train- SRAM X9 rr der and trigger shifter
Saddle- Planet X devil
Post- Planet X probe pro Blk
Bar/Stem- Planet X goliath Pro oversized bar and stem cut to 25"
Head set-Cane Creek

The bike was stolen on friday afternoon during pro mtnx practice/qualifying. There are 4 of these bikes in the world and this one had a large crack on the swing-arm. Therefore, if you see this bike, Kick the living SHIAT outta the person first, then take the bike and call me. 925-890-4146

Thanx,
Mikey

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
Originally posted by kidwoo
Aren't you too young to be in the military?
YUP...just shy of the draft by a couple months....probably call in my arthritic knees or something if i ever do get called up.

IS it possible to make this post a sticky in one of the Forums?

Anyone who works at or goes to local bike shops in or around marin and sonoma counties, could you keep an eye out or alert the shops...the pix kidwoo posted are the basic frame design just slightly different parts.

Thanks again monkeys,

Mikey
925-890-4146

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Mikey, sorry to hear that man. I saw you riding the bike at SO, so when I head home for summer, I'll keep an eye out for it.

And, if anybody catches the culprit, please follow the simple steps portrayed in this animation:

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
Originally posted by Acadian
Although I know it's sux that you got your bike stolen, what did you expect - leaving your bike behind while taking care of Matt wat not a good idea! I'm sure you could of asked someone to take care of your bike while you were with him - it's not like you didn't have any friends there with you.

Leaving your bike unattended for a long period of time like that at a race is like teasing monkeys with a banana...turn your back and it will be gone in seconds! After having tons of stuff stolen in the past, I don’t trust ANONE!!!

Good luck recovering it!
who the hell is Anone?

:devil: ;) :D

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
UPDATE::

This bike has been seen in SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, 2 days in a row last week(wednesday and thursday). if you know anyone or are heading up that way, please keep a sharp eye out.

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
Originally posted by v10"o-PlEaSuRe
UPDATE::

This bike has been seen in SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, 2 days in a row last week(wednesday and thursday). if you know anyone or are heading up that way, please keep a sharp eye out.
Mikey, I have some friends that work at 2 bike shops in south lake... I'll let them know right now to keep an eye out...

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
Originally posted by Yeti DHer
Mikey, I have some friends that work at 2 bike shops in south lake... I'll let them know right now to keep an eye out...
Sick...if they have any problems dont hesitate to call me...i have a police report # and a angry short man rage that they can easily use both of in "negotiations" with the prick.

Zoso

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Seattle
Thieves confuse me. Even if you got away with stealing something, how could you ever feel comfortabel using it? I realize that most stolen items are sold immediately, but still. Earning money the legal way is so much more rewarding and its actually easier in the long run.

I just don't get it. I guess I'm too decent a person to understand the thought process of a thief.:rolleyes:

Douche bags....:mad:

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Seattle, WA
Originally posted by dexterq20
Mikey, sorry to hear that man. I saw you riding the bike at SO, so when I head home for summer, I'll keep an eye out for it.

And, if anybody catches the culprit, please follow the simple steps portrayed in this animation:

If you catch them my History prof has a Samuri (sp?) sword that he might let me borrow :D