Quantcast

All Gravity Series #3 - CANCELLED!!!

theloose

Chimp
Feb 11, 2010
All Gravity Series race #3 at Mt. Spokane will not be taking place this weekend. I got a call this morning at 7 am from an assistant regional director of state parks that said the Sierra Club was going to file an injunction to have the race stopped because a SEPA (State Environmental Protection Act) study was not done on the portion of park we were going to use.

The state is not willing to let us go on with the race even though they approved the event and this is their mistake. If any of you have comments or questions you are welcome to contact Jim Harris at jim.harris@parks.wa.gov or myself at josh@wheelsporteast.com

Sorry if this messes up anyone's weekend, we tried to go other routes and find a trail on the face of the mountain in the ski area, it just wasn't going to happen in the short time we had.

Josh

swan3609

Chimp
Mar 18, 2008
Its time for all of us Mtb guys, Gravity and xc riders alike to organize and start showing the amount of effort and work we put into the area..

We have a good amount of people that we need to stand up for ourselves and make a stand against this.. once they know they can stop this race they will start doing the same to all the other area races..

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
KT- If you come to spokane it'll be rad. Preview the Fluidride course at Schweitzer on Saturday and shuttle Mt. Spokane Sunday.
What IS the FR course going to be? Is it mostly Pinch Flat or will it somehow include Altar Boy and the Bowling Alley?

I cannot STAND the Sierra Club. I'm leery of any organization that pretends to speak for everyone else and wants to use my tax dollars to lock me out of places we all own.

I do support the Nature Conservancy - - one of the few organizations that is willing to put its own money where its mouth is - - protecting lands by purchasing them instead of clogging the courts with stupid lawsuits.

theloose

Chimp
Feb 11, 2010
If you write to Jim Harris please be respectful and understand he really did try to work through the situation. That's all.

Josh
AGS