Quantcast

All I wanted to do was ride.....

Chutney

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Tacoma, Wa
So, today was pretty much the most frustrating day I have had in a while.

As all of you fellow college student :monkey: s know, this is a pretty stressful time - finals are next week (at least for me). Anyway, a couple of my teachers decided it would be cool to have finals and final papers due on the last day of classes (yesterday). So, I pretty much havent been able to ride all week. Naturally, since im a bike addict ive been looking forward to today for the last two weeks. I was gonna pull out my fairly new trials bike and roll down to the puget sound waterfront here in tacoma and practice on some rocks.

When I check the bike room in our dorm - my bike is gone. I just put this bike together out of used parts about 3 weeks ago. I spent a lot of time and fair amount of money on this bike and now its gone. Needless to say Im a little upset. I still dont see how they got it. They had to get through the main door of the dorm, the bike room door (both locked) and my kryptonite Ulock.

So instead of riding, I spent most of the morning looking around campus for my bike. First place i went was campus security, but they said they hadnt seen anything unusual the night before. I spend the next three hours calling bike shops and putting together a poster with pictures (this is a very distinctive bike) . Mid afternoon i decided to give security another call to see if they had found anything.

They had my bike! Apparantly some drunk frat guys broke into our dorm last night and raided the bike room. I still dont know what happened to my lock or even where it is. So i run over there and grab it. Its late, but i can still salvage a decent ride so i throw on my gear and head out the door. I start rolling down the hill towards the sound. Im sprinting to make a light, and i start feeling something weird in my driveside pedal. I make it through the light, but about a block later, my pedal falls of my bike. The freakin threads stripped out.

3 week old FSA Vdrives that I have treated well and have had very limited abuse - stripped.

Anyway, after an hour long walk back up the hill, im really frustrated. All i want to do is ride, but i have no working bikes..... :dead:

Anyway, sorry for the pointless essay length post/thread.

BTW, anyone know anything about FSAs warranty program? Are they easy to deal with?

Anyone want to loan me a bike?

so.... frustrating.....

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
I havent had a day quite like yours, but I have had the days when the weather is all nice, I'm ready to ride a long way, and then the chain breaks. Chains are the worst to put back on I think.

Its too bad that your crankarm stripped, but look on the bright side, you got your bike back.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Hey,

at least your bike isnt sitting in some dudes back yard rusting over. Glad you got it back