Quantcast

All in one small business copier.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
What do you guys use?

We're looking at Xerox c2424.

Anybody have any experience in this business?

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
We've got a Brother 8840 here, fax/copy/scan/laser printer... is something like that what you have in mind? Ours has been just fine.

gg

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
What do you guys use?

We're looking at Xerox c2424.

Anybody have any experience in this business?
I work with the Xerox production model stuff...big machines, big money...yada yada yada....

If you can swing it, the C2424/DP would prolly be your best bet in the category you're looking at. The extra scan resolution would be your best friend. There's a huge jump between 300 and 600 dpi.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I work with the Xerox production model stuff...big machines, big money...yada yada yada....

If you can swing it, the C2424/DP would prolly be your best bet in the category you're looking at. The extra scan resolution would be your best friend. There's a huge jump between 300 and 600 dpi.
We would be scanning mostly text documents and the occasional black and white line drawings.

There is an almost 500 difference for that model.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
the Brother is black/white. We ended up buying a separate color laser, an Okidata C3200, which we use only for the color printing. We do a lot of reports for our consulting firm that have color images in them, and the color copying costs were killing us.

hth

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Other side note I just thought of: It seems that the C2424 uses a solid state color system. We had a similar but smaller printer/scanner here at the office for one of our smaller departments. IIRC, it was quite amazing in the quality of prints it produced. Gave kind of a glossy sheen....And, for the limited interaction I had with it, it performed admirably...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Other side note I just thought of: It seems that the C2424 uses a solid state color system. We had a similar but smaller printer/scanner here at the office for one of our smaller departments. IIRC, it was quite amazing in the quality of prints it produced. Gave kind of a glossy sheen....And, for the limited interaction I had with it, it performed admirably...
We are looking to replace our Tectonix (sp?) lazer printer. It uses a solid state ink as well and the photos have been awesome!
It's slow as fawk though, it's the processing that always took time not so much the actual printing. We changed our default settings and it helped a bit.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
http://www.usa.canon.com/opd/controller?act=OPDModelDetailAct&fcategoryid=2193&modelid=10268

I don't know much about the industry itself, but after struggling with several all-in-one solutions at my last job, we ended up with a Canon ImageRUNNER C3220, and it friggin' rocked compared to everything we'd used before. Everything about it was just really quick and responsive. Scanning and printing were both high quality. Lots of really cool features built in. The C2620 is a similar machine with slightly lower specs.

We started with a little HP inkjet all-in-one job, which sucked, and slowly moved up through three other machines before bagging them and getting the C3220. The rest of them were just all too slow or sacrificed too much to bring you the all-in-one functionality. The Canon was the first machine we used that felt like all of the features involved were of substantial quality and very usable, not sacrificing for the sake of having it all in one unit.

I don't know what kind of budget you've got, though.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
http://www.usa.canon.com/opd/controller?act=OPDModelDetailAct&fcategoryid=2193&modelid=10268

I don't know much about the industry itself, but after struggling with several all-in-one solutions at my last job, we ended up with a Canon ImageRUNNER C3220, and it friggin' rocked compared to everything we'd used before. Everything about it was just really quick and responsive. Scanning and printing were both high quality. Lots of really cool features built in. The C2620 is a similar machine with slightly lower specs.

We started with a little HP inkjet all-in-one job, which sucked, and slowly moved up through three other machines before bagging them and getting the C3220. The rest of them were just all too slow or sacrificed too much to bring you the all-in-one functionality. The Canon was the first machine we used that felt like all of the features involved were of substantial quality and very usable, not sacrificing for the sake of having it all in one unit.

I don't know what kind of budget you've got, though.
Ha, thanks for the great suggestion. It's a bit out of our price range though. We don't do to much high volume stuff so something at that level wouldn't be needed. :)
We're talking the $2k range. :)

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Take a look at Toshiba. I service them professionally, and they scan (option), print (option), copy, fax (option), turn themselves on in the morning and off at night. I have no idea how much they cost, I just fix them. I do know that once the scan and print options are enabled and set-up, it is as easy as pie. And you can scan to computer or scan to e-mail.