Quantcast

Alleycat for Jesus?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh

Yep a Jesus themed Alleycat. Just a few pics from the debauchery!

I can say that for those of you sinners out there that didn't ride Sat. afternoon, you need some Jesus. I don't care if you rode with us or not! after such and ugly early spring, riding Saturday on one of the nicest spring days in my memory was a religious experience :wink: here are a few pics to add to the ones already posted!

thank you to my friend Pratt for guiding us away from evil and to eternal salvation, and cheep Pabst!

Frank Preaching the good word on our Church tour Jesus themed AlleyCat… Jesus with the sweet Schwinn fixie looking on!

Girl running checkpoint...

Nice shot of the bike path we used to skirt some of the traffic, we made good time, but it was a hell of a goat path in some places!

Same path in motion, Frank, John, and Jesus.

This was a sweet mural on the side of some building in some back alley! Pretty nice F’n job on it!

We were as interesting to this lady as the parade she was with was to us!

Parade shot… I was reminded as we watched it… “everyone loves a parade!”

cool neon in the bar.

My red rider! Fixie. I bought this bike when I just turned 15, if I remember correctly, it was pretty pricy around $1300 or so. I wanted to do crits, but really had no idea what I was doing, so I used it for transportation, but the small tires (21’s) just kept flatting out on our ugly roads, once I found mountain biking and got my license I really neglected riding this thing… it hung out in the garage only to see the light of day here an there. I recently decided to build up a set of surly hubs, and ride it again. I stripped all the parts off that I didn’t need, laced up a set of Alex DA28’s to surly fix/free hubs via DT butted spokes, then threw on some nice big tires (28’s). I flipped the bars, and cut them off. That is it. The bike rides better than ever. It took a little to get used to the fixie thing, but it is pretty cool!

[/quote]

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Isn't riding a Fixie a whole new experience ? You never knew a down hill could be so painful.

How long was the race ?
yes, painful and dangerous! :shocked:

it is fun though! it took a bit of getting used to, when approaching bumps and stuff! but it is a cool thing!

there was no set route, just 5 checkpoints, and crazy things that you had to do at each. like eat 4 saltines without water after climbing a hill to get to the check point.

our overall route was most likely around 19 miles. If you have ever been to Pittsburgh you know that the hills are brutal, and as you said, going up and coming down! :thumb: