Quantcast

Alright... so where do we fit in???

WinkWink

Chimp
Jul 10, 2007
Pittsburgh Area, PA
My BF and I both like the local trails around here, nothing too extreme.
We'd rather go distance on our mountain bikes with some challenges over a ride filled with jumps and crazy climbs etc.

I was just wondering what category you'd consider that to be among those categories listed here at the forum for posting purposes?

He has a nice cannondale Mountain bike.
(i have no idea what it is, but its orange and yellow! :imstupid: )

but I have a Trek Navigator 200 thats a few years old.
Its really comfortable, but I didnt like the completely upright unsports-like feeling that it gave.
So I swapped out my stock handlebars for a straight bar and its muuuuch better and more athletic feeling now.
Overall, I'm super happy with it.

anyhow... so what the heck are we (besides dorky beginners! :shocked: )

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
We'd rather go distance on our mountain bikes with some challenges over a ride filled with jumps and crazy climbs etc.

I was just wondering what category you'd consider that to be among those categories listed here at the forum for posting purposes?

sounds like you are mountain bikers. (but I'd say XC & lounge forums)

when you say "distance", how many miles you talking about?

WinkWink

Chimp
Jul 10, 2007
Pittsburgh Area, PA
when you say "distance", how many miles you talking about?

haha... like 4 miles? jjk! :bonk:

nah... we're new and we dont have the proper means of hydration (until our ordered camelbaks come in), but last week we did approx. 30miles on the trail that we like a lot.
It goes from Pittsburgh to Washington, DC and we went as far as west newton (from mckeesport)
Here's a link.
http://www.atatrail.org/maps/map.cfm

Anyhow, like i said, we're fairly new at this.
We would have loved to have gone further but we were out of water already!!! :(:plthumbsdown:

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Cross country, maybe all mountain, I kind of think of all mountain riders as guys who like to ride and don't have competitions to see who can get to the top of the steepest hill fastest but will have competitions to see who can get down the steepest hill the fastest so long as that downhill doesn't have anything dangerous, XC riders are those who get all excited about riding up hills and drag the brakes all the way down hills. If you avoid hills altogether I'd say you're just an average weekend warrior who likes riding a bike.