Quantcast

Always fall to the left when up on rear wheel Help?

TSchultz

Chimp
Sep 2, 2003
S. MN
It seems like about 60-70% of the time when I get up on my rear wheel and try to balance I fall to the left. Of course when I do get up straight I eventually go backwards, but that's just a matter of practice.

I'm trying to shift my weight back with my hips, but what could be the reason for always falling left? I ride with right foot forward.

Also when you guys get up on your rear wheel do you give it a little pedal then grab the brake (that's what I do) or do you grab the brake then shift your hiips back.

Thanks for the help I'm kind of new to this and really want to get this type of stuff down.

Tom

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
eventually you should be able to kick to the rear wheel. ideally you should be able to stop, then kick such that your rear wheel is now where your front was.

as for balancing, try leaning to the right :devil: :D

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
just practice. when you start leaning to the left, that's when you do a corection hop to the left to regain your balance. when falling to one side, hop to that side to "beat" your body from falling too far.

oxygen_77

Monkey
Sep 20, 2003
Kent, WA
Originally posted by TSchultz
It seems like about 60-70% of the time when I get up on my rear wheel and try to balance I fall to the left. Of course when I do get up straight I eventually go backwards, but that's just a matter of practice.

I'm trying to shift my weight back with my hips, but what could be the reason for always falling left? I ride with right foot forward.

Also when you guys get up on your rear wheel do you give it a little pedal then grab the brake (that's what I do) or do you grab the brake then shift your hiips back.

Thanks for the help I'm kind of new to this and really want to get this type of stuff down.

Tom
Maybe when you're giving that little kick with your right foot to get to your rear wheel you're pushing your body back and left thereby throwing off your balance to the left. If you want an easy way to practice moves on the back wheel then just place your front wheel up on something around 2' up. Then you can lean back onto the rear really easily. This won't help you though if you're trying to learn how to get to the rear wheel before a drop...