Quantcast

Am I All Alone Now!!!

Louder

Chimp
Nov 17, 2004
St Catharines
Well see here is the thing me and my boyfriend broke up about a month ago and there is no hope of us getting back together and I got into riding my bike with him and I do not know anyone else that rides, but I do not want to stop riding my bike because we are not together anymore, but I do not know any girls that live by me that ride. But there is no way I am gonna let this brake up stop me from riding. Well if an girls live in the St Catharines area wanna get together in the summer just let me know. I am willing to learn new things as well.

WHAT SHOULD I DO LET THIS STOP ME FROM RIDING!!!!!

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Hell no you do not have to give up riding. Go to your local shops and see if you can hook up with them for a ride or see if there are any bike clubs in the area....soon enough you'll be finding lots of people to ride with! :)

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
SD Cali
Yeah...what VG and JR said. I do a lot of riding by myself...there's been lots of times when I've been at the trail head starting out by myself only to get flagged down by a group asking if I want to ride with them. Great way to make friends! Don't stop riding! :)

Louder

Chimp
Nov 17, 2004
St Catharines
Thanks for the pick me ups girls!!! My ex most likely will not ride with me anymore because he is more experienced then me and I ride to slow for him because I am just learning the whole jumping thing and riding downstairs and stuff, the whole nine yards lol. That is the thing there is really no clubs in St Catharines because it sucks, if I wanted to meet new ppl I would have to go elsewhere and that is kind of a problem for me because I do not drive ouch lol. But I am not gonna stop riding because he decided to brake up with me, I am not gonna let him screw up my life and not ride if I enjoy it, if I can't find anyone to ride with I will just ride by myself and then maybe I will meet up with some ppl to ride with. Thanks Girls

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
My husband got me into it as well, but for the first good 6 months I rode by myself majority of the time too!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Definately don't give up on riding. I would check in with a local bike shop and see if they know of any women's riding groups or riding partners in the area. The other options are to ride alone (which I do and it's fine, but riding with others is a lot of fun) or travel and meet some mud hunnies for a ride. Glad to hear you are going to stick with it :thumb:

Louder

Chimp
Nov 17, 2004
St Catharines
Well thanks for all the good advice and there is not a prayer in hell i am gonna let my ex stop me from doing wut i like. I don't drive so it is kind of hard to get around to meet new ppl, anyone who lives in the Area u can message me

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
lovebunny said:
wheres st catherines? theres regional forums down right below this one. you can look in there for your general area

St. Catherines is in Ontario.

Louder: You might want to check out the website Dropmachine. It's based out of Toronto.

Louder

Chimp
Nov 17, 2004
St Catharines
Thank You Mocha, I know somewut about Dropmachine, my ex- boyfriend is a big fan of bikes and stuff and I learned some stuff about it, but not very much, I am still kind of a beginner at doing tricks and stuff on the bike. I am willing to learn but I would rather learn first with some girls then maybe get the confidence to ride with guys.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Yeah, I know I got the wrong chromosomes to post here, but definitely keep riding if you like it. And I can understand that you would rather ride with other women but most guys I know are pretty cool about letting noobs (male or female) tag along, and it's a sad but true fact that there are more guys that ride so you're more likely to find a new riding group if you're open to riding with guys.

Louder

Chimp
Nov 17, 2004
St Catharines
Well I am not gonna stop riding I have come to that conclusion because I enoy doing it so I am not gonna stop it even if I have to ride alone or with other ppl. If my ex wants to be that way and brake up with me that is fine with me because I can still do the things that I like to do with or without him. He is not my whole life I am still living without him I am sure I can find some nice cool ppl to ride with either guys or girls no matter what I am not gonna stop for him HELL NO

flydi007

Chimp
Feb 16, 2005
asleep at my desk
MudGrrl said:
not as sad as *not* riding because you don't have anyone to ride with.
i agree-plus sometimes riding alone can be pretty therapeutic. well, at least for me. i get in my own little world while i'm riding and it's awesome, definitely good for clearing the head after a breakup too.

Louder

Chimp
Nov 17, 2004
St Catharines
Thx for the advice, flydi007, that would be a good idea to clear your head after a break up. So I guess riding alone is not as bad as I thought it was. Even tho some ppl say it is sad to ride alone but that is the only way I will meet new ppl to ride with.