Quantcast

Am I the last human being alive to ride a hardtail???

vernon

Chimp
Oct 2, 2001
Singapore
I was a convert to full suspension....but re-converted back to hardtail recently....cheaper maintenance....:D

Butt is sometimes more painful after long rides, but where's the fun if there is no pain? :cool:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
haha, i doubt that fat city is still for sale. this thread is from 2001, sheesh

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
i like my hardtail lots, it makes you ride smoother. i ride some of the rockiest trails ever, just ask derekbob about bidwell. but i grew up racing bmx, so im used to it.

B_A_MTBIKER

Monkey
May 4, 2004
Where the wild things are
Hardtails are original and not like the comfort of FS bikes might even give a better workout standing up and sitting down repeatedly on long rides, unlike FS where you can cruise undisturbed.

Rocking the Hardtail, searching for split-tail

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Ranger said:
Servus!

Well, anyone else out there who is a hardtailer or have you all succumbed to the lure of being able to sit down for the entirety of the ride?

Even the old ladies who ride to the grocery store near my house have fully suspended rigs! Did I miss something?
Ironically. The group of guys I just started riding with ALL ride ht's on the mountain and xc. There is only 2 of us with duallies.

That said. I would never ride a ht doing anything like DH or drops anymore. I am too big to be dropping on anything without cush....my knees would explode. Duallies have saved the day for me anyways

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
count me in!! i dont think ill ever be gettin a dually, as long as my knees hold up!
since the digi cam sucks/is broken, heres the specs:
kona scab 4130 frame
psylo xc tullio
avid mechs
odyssey 9mm cobra seat
xt rear der.
truvative boxguide
fsa powderkeg stem
fsa pig headset
profile design ultra fr bars
lock ons
xt shifter
azonic outlaw wheelset
fsa v drive extremes

this is my everything bike!!
dh runs, ski resorts, trails, xc, dj's urban!! i love it! especially fun on lift assisted dh (which is very rocky here in NorthEast us)

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I actually like my freeride HT better than my XC HT. Short, intense runs (and even long, intense runs) on the HT rule...but for long rides, suspension can be nice, especially if you're trying to sit and spin.

HT is often more fun, FS is often more efficient.

MD

hardtailer88

Chimp
Jul 11, 2004
Bethesda MD
well i changed my mind from my last post...hardtails suck, i upgraded to a kona stab primo with 9" of travel and a sherman slider+. Hardtail? Never again. Never again.

X-rider

Chimp
Jan 3, 2004
NE. Ohio
My main ride is FS, but I still like to ride my hardtail on occasion. My 45 yr old back can't take too much of that anymore. If I am riding fairly smooth trails, rails to trails or road, I am always on the hardtail.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Shweet fork, I wish I could say the same of the frame.

Get a .243! :P

That fork is awesome, I've ridden a GT Ruckus from the shop with one on the front...liiiighttt and plush. I think I'd wait for a 66 though ;)

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
So you dont like the frame huh? But i seem to remember a certain person wanting the same frame from biggins...........

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Haha...I don't LIKE it...but I'd take it. I'm one of those XC fashion whores, remember? I'd probably powdercoat it...I'm not gonna advertise for a company that hands out sponshorships like hotcakes.

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
chicodude01 said:
i like my hardtail lots, it makes you ride smoother. i ride some of the rockiest trails ever, just ask derekbob about bidwell. but i grew up racing bmx, so im used to it.
Do you hit the little/biggest drop on the Disc Golf on it though?? That's the only trail that deserves a FS...the rest of the trails are XC...and compatible to a hardtail...

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
xblueballsx said:
Wait wait how are you getting it? Soul is all out of 15.5 inch Titans until 05...Are you getting an 18?

I'm waiting. They're out of both sizes so i get to wait till november

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
goodtobeIrie said:
Do you hit the little/biggest drop on the Disc Golf on it though?? That's the only trail that deserves a FS...the rest of the trails are XC...and compatible to a hardtail...

Hehe......you're kidding right? Sure, you can ride all of the on a XC bike, but you could ride all the trails at whistler on a XC bike too.....