Quantcast

And back to the injured clique I go!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
So, I'm pretty sure I broke my wrist this weekend. The ER doc is almost positive, but final word will come from the Orthopedist.

We had a rider organized/run race this weekend at one of the local spots to ride. The trail is pretty gnarly, and there are some spots on it I still havent hit, or have had trouble with. In practice, I did meet my one goal of the weekend, and that was to hit the double cleanly. Well, the first time I hit it, I had waaay too much speed. I launched it, overshot the lander, and launched the berm that follows it into the woods. I was fine, and decided to not hit it so fast the next run. On my next run, I frikken NAILED the 15' gap perfectly. Landed, went into the berm really hot, and at the end of the berm, washed out. I went down, no big deal. There is ONE rock there, about 2" high and a foot long. When I went down, I slid into that rock with my right palm, and my whole body was stopped from ~20MPH to 0 with force on my wrist. I sat there for a little bit, got off the trail as to not get hit, and then walked out to the road.

I ended up helping some people out with parts, lent one guy my front wheel and brake for the race, and then helped out with the timing. I just kept my wrist above my heart and still.

It was still a kick ass weekend, and i'm not to bummed out about it. Sh!t happens, thats the nature of the sport. At least I was pushing myself :)

Hopefully I wont be out too long, but I am pretty sure i'll be ina cast. Right now i'm in a splint.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Sorry to hear it man.

:dancing: healing vibes for ya.

Don't let it get you down if you gotta take care of that wrist for awhile, better to get it healed up right the first time.