Quantcast

Anderson Truck Trail Weenies

Aquaholic

Chimp
Jan 5, 2004
Noble Canyon
Please indulge me whilst I rant:

For the past few weeks, during my rides, I've spent time shoring up the trail out as ATT. Due to last years fire storms, those of you that ride ATT know that the place got hammered, badly. Most, if not all of the vegetation was burned away, making the trail a bit hard to figure out in some places, even for those that frequent the place.

Nontheless, there is so much evidence of people straightlining corners,ad-libbing, and creating pussy lines around the established ones. It's joke.

I've spent a considerable amount of time on each of my rides, trying to shore things up a bit. I've placed brush and burned out trees in turns where people are straightlining. I've placed boulders and stones along the trail so that the original line(s) can be seen. I've filled in rain ruts and shored up erosion damage as best I can (without tools).

I can understand if a rider is confused and just can't figure out the original lines, but what I saw yesterday just rubbed me the wrong way. On a section towards the end of the trail, someone had taken my huge pile of brush, which was covering the recently formed pussyline and had re-arranged it over on the original line, reopening the pussy line. It just illustrates laziness on some rider's parts.

The area from 4 corners down is mess as well. What was once some nice twisty singletrack is being transformed into a series of straightlined ruts.

Please don't ask me which portion of ATT this is. If you are familair with the trail, you know the section(s) that I'm refering to. "Fight Club" and all that.

Again, it needs to be said...If you can't ride it...F***ing walk it!

Rant off.

R

Rabie

Aquaholic said:
Please indulge me whilst I rant:

For the past few weeks, during my rides, I've spent time shoring up the trail out as ATT. Due to last years fire storms, those of you that ride ATT know that the place got hammered, badly. Most, if not all of the vegetation was burned away, making the trail a bit hard to figure out in some places, even for those that frequent the place.

Nontheless, there is so much evidence of people straightlining corners,ad-libbing, and creating pussy lines around the established ones. It's joke.

I've spent a considerable amount of time on each of my rides, trying to shore things up a bit. I've placed brush and burned out trees in turns where people are straightlining. I've placed boulders and stones along the trail so that the original line(s) can be seen. I've filled in rain ruts and shored up erosion damage as best I can (without tools).

I can understand if a rider is confused and just can't figure out the original lines, but what I saw yesterday just rubbed me the wrong way. On a section towards the end of the trail, someone had taken my huge pile of brush, which was covering the recently formed pussyline and had re-arranged it over on the original line, reopening the pussy line. It just illustrates laziness on some rider's parts.

The area from 4 corners down is mess as well. What was once some nice twisty singletrack is being transformed into a series of straightlined ruts.

Please don't ask me which portion of ATT this is. If you are familair with the trail, you know the section(s) that I'm refering to. "Fight Club" and all that.

Again, it needs to be said...If you can't ride it...F***ing walk it!

Rant off.
I made some of those tracks last weekend. I was confused. I'm sorry.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I've noticed that more and more people are starting to ride anderson on the weekend, because I live on peutz valley road (recent transplant) I'm particularly sensitive to the small issues that were huge issues during summer of 03', particularly parking on peutz valley road. This road is the only way to get in and out of our homes, there is lots of construciton in the valley rebuilding homes lost in the fires and there is a certain amount of heavy equipment moving up and down the road. I've seen cars parked just off the road near where the trail starts no more than a half mile from the bridge. The spot I've most recently seen cars parked is right where contractors occasionally unload their tractors, there really isn't any place down the road besides this one turnout where heavy equipement could be unloaded and there are parts of the road where large trucks would not be able to pass through to unload the equipment on the property where it will be used. If you're car is parked right where a contractor had planned on unloading, and your car has a roof rack with bike mounts and a bumper sticker saying "mountain bike or die" then I'm guessing people who are paying $100/hr or more for a piece of equipment to find a place to unload are going to get the wrong idea about bikers. It's a short easy ride from the bridge to the start of the trail, there's ample parking under the bridge or along alpine blvd, if you insist on parking somewhere use those areas, don't be a wank and park right where the trail starts.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
I share the frustrations of those puss who starightline sections...or pave rock gardens...or tear up jumps.. I can feel the violence inherited in my system each time I see a trail or section jacked.

So is ATT "rideable" now (of course sensitive to 'social' issues and sh*t)

R

Rabie

Orven said:
I share the frustrations of those puss who starightline sections...or pave rock gardens...or tear up jumps.. I can feel the violence inherited in my system each time I see a trail or section jacked.

So is ATT "rideable" now (of course sensitive to 'social' issues and sh*t)
If you go, leave a trail of breadcrumbs behind you. I was lost the whole time I was there. And when there was trail, it was just a big rut. The last part, though, that used to be fun, and then sucked after the fires, is now fun again.

Gimper4JC

Chimp
Jan 18, 2004
San Diego, CA
Ahh Yes, the good ole days of ATT... long before BOfus... long before all the troubles,... when groups of cars were parked up top... Heck, I remember the guys from mbmania running a shuttle service.

Since my bad crash on Ecco, and the fires, I have stayed away from the top. I had hoped over time, it would recover. But if people keep "cutting" new lines, etc. It will only cause more errousion and get worse. Too bad. :nuts:

If someone wants to organize and day to all gather, hike up there (quietly) and do a full day of Maint. I would be down. I know its been talked about...