Quantcast

AngelFire Chile Challenge

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
How many monkies from here are gonna go down to the AngelFire race in early June? Just curious as to who's going, I'd like to meet some of the people from online and ride with them. I think I'll probably be going to the Pre-registration party at handlebar and grill on the 26th.

jhusktrials

Monkey
Dec 29, 2001
Denver
Originally posted by mtnbkr4235
I can buy a NORBA license at the Handlebar and Grill right? or do I have to do it all online and stuff like that?
You should be able to. It is just like signing up at the race... and you can buy a license at the race.

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
Originally posted by Motionboy2
It doesn't look like I will be going to any of the MSC races, all the DH events are on Sundays and I have to work. Sorry all, no pix this year.
quit your job, this is unacceptable.

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
You could sell your house, live in your jeep, and go to all the races. Then guilt people into buying pictures so you could afford gas to get to more races.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Originally posted by T0mo
You could sell your house, live in your jeep, and go to all the races. Then guilt people into buying pictures so you could afford gas to get to more races.
Not until next year, then I could do that. I have only owned my house for a year and I am not willing to take the tax penalty quite yet... :D

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Originally posted by Motionboy2
I would have to sell at least 40 pix a race to make it worth my while... so far my record is 10 :rolleyes: I think I may have to stick with my job. :p
Start telling people at the races that because you took the pics, they're legally obligated to pay for them. :)

Joss DeWaele

Chimp
Jan 30, 2004
The SLC
Originally posted by stoner_303
woah! back up...beep beeep beep! (sienfeld) we have schhol on the 5th!?!? doesn't the Y leave ON the 5th...im confused
The Fifth is a Saturday. If you have school on Saturday, you should organize everyone in your school to protest by not going.

What actually happens, I believe, is that you have school until Thursday, June 3rd. If that is the case, we will leave as soon as possible that afternoon to make it down that night, and have all day Friday to practice.

Don't worry Ross, you'll make this one.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Originally posted by bikesaregood
The Fifth is a Saturday. If you have school on Saturday, you should organize everyone in your school to protest by not going.

What actually happens, I believe, is that you have school until Thursday, June 3rd. If that is the case, we will leave as soon as possible that afternoon to make it down that night, and have all day Friday to practice.

That sucks. I get out on May 26th :D

stoner_303

Chimp
Nov 22, 2003
Colorado
Originally posted by bikesaregood

its funny, cuz i was one whole day late coming back from NY and i missed the expo, im really bummed:(

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Originally posted by Bikerpunk241
You bet yo A55 I'll be there! :thumb: Look for me in the "Orange" Jersey on the Orange.

Woohoo, Angel Fire!!!!!
That's cool everybody! Look for me as the guy with the white bighit/03 monster/ridemonkey stickers wearing a orange specailized full face, and most likely a blue 661 jersey. Ill be very multicolored.

dirtyj

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
austin
I'll be there. We have a cabin, so party on friday night. If any of you guys are going up early, will be in albuquerque dirt jumping and downhilling on the sandia mountians. Tony from fat tire has put some killer trails out there. We're going to be there on tuesday and all of you guys or invited. Just go to fat tire bike shop and ask for tony he will point u in the right direction or give u my number. see u guys there.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Originally posted by dirtyj
I'll be there. We have a cabin, so party on friday night. If any of you guys are going up early, will be in albuquerque dirt jumping and downhilling on the sandia mountians. Tony from fat tire has put some killer trails out there. We're going to be there on tuesday and all of you guys or invited. Just go to fat tire bike shop and ask for tony he will point u in the right direction or give u my number. see u guys there.
I'm going down on Thursday, hopefully the morning so i can ride thursday afternoon.

dirtyj

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
austin
Originally posted by mtnbkr4235
I'm going down on Thursday, hopefully the morning so i can ride thursday afternoon.
The lifts in Red River are going to be open, so we're going to try and hit that up on thursday. Red River is about 25 2 30 min from Angle Fire. Pretty good riding. Theres no trails so u can go where ever u wont.

FunkMaster

Chimp
Jun 1, 2003
Golden, CO
Does anyone have more info on RedRiver?

How does it compare to Angel Fire? We'll be down Memorial Day weekend, is it just different or worth the trip in itself?

dirtyj

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
austin
It has a lot more shops and the town is a little bigger, but for the most part it has pretty good riding if u have a DH rig. There is no trails but the fire road and the ski runs. I know some locals that have private trails. If you catch use up there will be more then glad to take u there. All we really did was ride the ski runs down and fire roads. It was a little rocky but a lot of fun, but know single track trails. You can take a jeep up the fire roads and bomb down them, but be careful of pedestrains and other trucks coming up. Jeeps and small trucks are the only ones that make it up because of the tight turns. Go to the bike shop and ask for nate and they should point u in the right direction. Tell them dirty sent u from A town. Will be up there for the angle fire race, so if your there will take u up to the private trails. If u are going any more south head to albuquerque and go to fat tire cycles and ask for tony. He'll show u the private trails there. those r some sick @$$ trails. It would be worth it.