Quantcast

Angleset problem

Tomasz

Monkey
Jul 18, 2012
Whistla
Have had mine for around 6 months, so I suppose that's from the first run, and never had any clicking issues. Installed exactly as their instructional video says, no more no less, and have switched forks many times with zero problems.

Mr Nug

Monkey
Aug 26, 2007
UK
So I noticed something this weekend, not sure if it's old news.

I picked up a new 1.0 ZS49 angleset cup for my project. Three things are different. There are two "marks" on the inside of the roundy-bit surface. The thickness of the exernal portion is larger. The height of the internal portion is larger too. My old version was one of the first on the market. The new one I picked up this weekend but don't know it's age.

I wonder if these changes are to address the clicking issues?
Hmmm good spot. I installed a -0.5deg cup in my v10 in July and it has never made any noise. It's got the thicker lip so I guess it's one of the newer ones.

I didn't do anything special apart from use composite paste (like the stuff you get for carbon seatposts) so it gripped but wasn't dry and made sure that the gold gimble was seated so it was protruding out uniformly relative to the cup.

boylagz

Monkey
Jul 12, 2011
SF bay area
Sorry if its been asked before, but has anyone had actual long-term feedback on Works anglesets? Im looking at getting a set. Thanks.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Sorry if its been asked before, but has anyone had actual long-term feedback on Works anglesets? Im looking at getting a set. Thanks.
I've had one since they first came out, about 4+ years now and no problems. The fixed angle cups are always going to be a more reliable option than the adjustable ones - in fact just as good as a regular headset or set of regular reducer cups, as the design and functionality is the same - just the bores are angled instead of being straight.

boylagz

Monkey
Jul 12, 2011
SF bay area
^^ Thanks guys. Having used the CC -1 Angleset for almost 4 mos now, I really wanna get a -2 ZS Works for my V10c. With a 180 Van fork, reckon itll be a perfect match.

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
i have a works on my remedy. I am not a fan of the split ring on the crown race. It creaks a little bit beacuse of this. Other than that, i love what it did to the geo of my bike and the fact that its a zero stack on the trail bike is e-mazing.

I have a first batch angle set on my session and love it. Only pops/creaks when i 50/50ed a gap hard.