Quantcast

++ another day gmt ++

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
15* out the door at 7:dirty . . . that's cold for these parts!

nothing spectacular to report . . . considering making an offer on a new-to-me frame . . . hmmm . . . for now, covfefe!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Came across a pedestrian this morning who was standing in the middle of a 6-lane road just looking at his phone. I'd think that would be a terrible spot to play on your phone, with cars having to dodge you and all, but what do I know?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Meh. Shit is multiplying. New-ish top boss wants to move a key deliverable for a new already insane project from October to March (without adding any people) because he wants to demonstrate "how the team under his leadership does things differently (and better)". Of course, none of his direct reports pushes back so this will trickle down to people actually doing the work - if we have any left 2 months from now. That's what you get for working for a company who specializes in hiring sociopaths.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Snowing here. Kid is sick, at least I was planning to WFH anyways. Woke up with 102.7 fever. Had to reschedule ENT follow up to get him to see his pediatrician. Not looking forward to venturing out in the snow. Nobody on the roads, somehow my office is open.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Slept like shit even after a full day of skiing. I am dying over here. FFS.

Edit for the locals: Monarch is dead. I'm not going up again until they get at least 6 more inches of snow. When I gave up last spring the conditions were better than they were yesterday. I know the website says 26" base, but if that's true I've got a 3 foot dong.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning, slept wrong and now I can't move my right shoulder as the pain from the rotator cuff has come back with a vengeance. Antiinflammatories in, coffee in, ice pack/heat going.

On a positive, used my new cast iron this morning to make sausage and egg burritos. Delicious of course, pan will need another run or two through the seasoning process, but I feel it was a good investment. Mostly I use cast iron for camping...... But using it in the house just makes good food.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
On a positive, used my new cast iron this morning to make sausage and egg burritos. Delicious of course, pan will need another run or two through the seasoning process, but I feel it was a good investment. Mostly I use cast iron for camping...... But using it in the house just makes good food.
I love my cast iron cookware...use it all the time in the kitchen. Once you get it really seasoned, it works better than any teflon coated skillet. I keep some coarse sea salt to scrub it with out after I cook, and she's good to go.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Not yet. Might try to go there or oscar blues. Time is tight when you're out all day riding and then come back for dinner and are just pooped out..
- SN has food too - def worth the trip, esp if you're riding up that way already. . . . OB is a much smaller spot, although the beer is on point, of course.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Morning, slept wrong and now I can't move my right shoulder as the pain from the rotator cuff has come back with a vengeance. Antiinflammatories in, coffee in, ice pack/heat going.

I've been slowly replacing all my cookwear with cast iron. I finally got something enamel coated for cooking eggs.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I love my cast iron cookware...use it all the time in the kitchen. Once you get it really seasoned, it works better than any teflon coated skillet. I keep some coarse sea salt to scrub it with out after I cook, and she's good to go.
Curious as to how you guys season.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good morning!!!

Big difference in the weather where I live vs. where I work. We got snow & ice...hockey rink conditions....took awhile to get out of the driveway. Slow commute for about 15 miles....then suddenly, it's like a wall - no snow, no ice....never seen such a distinct line of separation.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Curious as to how you guys season.

Coat with vegetable oil and set it the oven at about 500 degrees for about an hour or so. You want to try and avoid scrubbing with soap when washing if you can at all help it, so your coating doesn't break down. After I cook something like sausage or ground beef, I'll put water back in the pan and get it boiling - then pour it out and scrub with a little coarse sea salt and a paper towel.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
375 coated with plant/vegetable oil in the oven for an hour. Shut the oven off and let it cool in the oven. First time using is pretty good for no stick, water and a sponge will clean it out. Use it three times, season it three times...... If soap is needed use simple mild dish soap, dry right away with heat. If you used soap, lightly coat with oil again, heat slowly until the pan just started to smoke, remove from heat.

You will never use your Teflon or ceramic again as long as you season fully, and maintain as needed. By the third time you season, you should be able to fry an egg without oil..... Although I still use just a touch.

Pro tip, if you happen to over heat when cooking and water alone is not enough to break stuff up and wipe them clean, go forth and use your good soap that breaks down your oils, just remember to reseason after. If you season them multiple times without using a soap on them, the layer will be nice and thick. Unless you soak the pan, you are not going to remove all the seasoning with a single wash.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I throw mine into a white dwarf at the Chandrasekhar mass limit in a binary star system and re-forge from the supernovae detritus.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I rode in because the weather said it was 26 °F. It sure didn't feel that warm on the way in.

Edit for the locals: Monarch is dead. I'm not going up again until they get at least 6 more inches of snow. When I gave up last spring the conditions were better than they were yesterday. I know the website says 26" base, but if that's true I've got a 3 foot dong.
Good to know, since I was planning on my EV-driving-experiment up to Vail on the 10th... and they are listed as 21" depth as opposed to Monarch's 26". Hmph. Winter Park seems to be doing the best, but that's only 40" albeit with fresh snow on the 31st and I don't fancy paying full price there when I have an Epic Local pass.

Decisions, decisions.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Shits been cold AF here...Dog bro wasn't quite sure what to make of a frozen puddle

Some light snow last night, but enough to still have fun in with the kiddo

Out of snow beer...I need to address this issue post haste. :cheers:

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
12-15" of snow will have fallen by the end of the day. I was up earlier than usual this morning so I could get my treadmill run done and drive my 35 miles to work before roads got too bad. Wife is working from home and will tend to the snow. She'll clear the driveway and walkway. She's a good wife.