Quantcast

++ another day gmt ++

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i hear it is the end of the world in oregon.....you have to put your big boy pants on and pump your own gas....

Text from Green Mountain Power:

"High winds, very low arctic temps forecast Thursday evening through Saturday. Please be prepared in case of isolated power outages. GMP is ready to restore power quickly but in these conditions please be prepared and safe."

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Its minus 18 calvin here. 18 feet of snow and we expect to get another 10 feet more. Marshfield Mass and South Boston have rivers of slush and sea water filling the streets. They should all be dead without Bread and Milk by the morning. Cape Cod has frozen Sharks in their driveways or some shit. Everything in Rhode Island is closed except for the bars.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
For realz.

Death ice on Laurel.

Will post more pics when my hands are done defrosting.
Hiii.

So every foot we road and stepped on, on Laurel Mountain, it just shot colder and colder.

There was snow at the top of Laurel and Pilot Rock.

Death ice coming up Laurel and a few spots coming down Pilot.

We all literally froze our balls off and had to laugh our way down Pilot. The young dude cleared everything on Pilot, in the freezing cold. The sun was perfect for pictures on Pilot, but it was too cold for me to take the gloves off the take pictures.

I wish I took more pictures of the ice. Could have just brought the ice skates...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
/wishes Pisgah was a closer drive

It was always a long slog from NYC (obviously not as far as you Canucks are driving), but it's a damn long drive from CO.

edit:22hrs instead of 12hrs...

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
/wishes Pisgah was a closer drive

It was always a long slog from NYC (obviously not as far as you Canucks are driving), but it's a damn long drive from CO.

edit:22hrs instead of 12hrs...
I mean I can't even begin to compare out west, but it's amazing here. We love it.

Everyone is as friendly as you can imagine.

The trails are as gnarly as want.

We all wish and said today, that we wish we could ride this crap every weekend.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I mean I can't even begin to compare out west, but it's amazing here. We love it.

Everyone is as friendly as you can imagine.

The trails are as gnarly as want.

We all wish and said today, that we wish we could ride this crap every weekend.
Asheville area was one we considered before choosing CO, we rode Laurel/Pilot the day before we got engaged :D

I can't complain at two different 1700+ft descents to choose from straight from my house in CO though.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Have you had any good BBQ yet? The smoke pits down there are quite special.
And one must not forget addictive boiled peanuts. :busted:
Not really... we had BBQ one night, a few nights who, but the hot sauce was more impressive.

Few more pics floating in from those who decided to take off their gloves today in Pilot...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Effing local post office lost a shipment of new Rudy Project lenses. They arrived to their facility on 12/30 then went Poof. Rudy Project is sending me replacements via UPS this time

We have had a nice wetting rain. the trails should be nice and grippy this weekend. I can't wait to go have mud splatters over every square inch on bike and myself

in the meantime my hiking boots will be getting resoled with some new traditional lugged Vibram soles.Its their second resole with the Vibram. I hated the OEM trail friendly sole crap that didn't grip worth shit.