Quantcast

Another DJ Park update...

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
From Leslie...

I'm not sure if everyone on my list is on Mark's list, so if you get this message twice, my apologies.
The good news is construction on the DJ park has started. Bad news is some vandalism.
Please show your support to the project by committing to volunteer when the time comes.
Thanks to everyone who made this happen!

Ha! I beat Matt this time to posting! :p I bet it was skaters who vandalized the place... nothing has even been built yet too! I wonder how vandalism will be when it is built.

Ok, now that I look further down the page I see that this has been posted, but oh well, I might as well start a new thread about it. The other thread got kinda off track with the whole slave thing :rolleyes:

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
Originally posted by dwaugh
Ha! I beat Matt this time to posting! :p I bet it was skaters who vandalized the place... nothing has even been built yet too! I wonder how vandalism will be when it is built.
vandals will be beat if i find out who there are:angry:
i will not let some jerk off donkey loving pissant spoil this for us!

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Originally posted by HippieKai
vandals will be beat if i find out who there are:angry:
i will not let some jerk off donkey loving pissant spoil this for us!
Yeah! This is gonna be interesting being "enemies" with the skaters from the very beginning. I can trace the friction between the bikers and skaters back to the first time we went to the site to look around. When a skater messed up on what looked to be an easy skateboard trick, we laughed in that general direction. :rolleyes:
This is going to be interesting I have a feeling.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
nah man, i beat ya to it, check down a few posts, stupid IMPULSE pushed it way the heck down. sites been udpated all day:)

haha and I just read your thread all the way through, eh whatever, the DJ Park websites updated lol thats where everything goes when I hear it.

ThePirk

Chimp
May 25, 2004
Seattle Wa
I dont know whats the matter with some of them
:angry:

I mean, they just got a new skate park last summer, they should hang out there.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
I guess I need to post this in here also: (from a previous thread)

Just a heads up, although it appears the individuals who vandalized the equipment are most likely skateboarders, lets not go into this with a bad attitude towards them. If the park sees conflicts between bikes/boards we are going to have problems. Let the immature ones be the boarders right now (if thats who did it) but by returning the favor, talking crap or whatever we aren't going to get anywhere and could ulitimately ruin the park for everyone.

As soon as I get word regarding volunteers I will pass the info on. A lot has to be done, besides building the jumps so we need volunteers to get it ALL done. I know a lot of you want to come out and build jumps but you also have to realize how this project works. We have to stick to a plan and build it to the drawings that were approved. Trees need planting, sod needs laying, drainage systems might need a little grunt work preparing. There is a lot more than just the jumps that go into this. Thank you to everyone in advance.