Quantcast

another frivolous lawsuit from a major corporation...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Oh right...so whoever trademarks it first gets it? Doesnt the time you have been using it factor into it? First come first served an such?
Simple use constitutes a trademark. You can also register the trademark with the USPTO. After it's registered, you can use the (r) symbol instead of (tm).

You also have to defend your trademark. It's actually your own responsibility to make sure others don't infringe on it because once it's established that there has been sufficient infringement/use, you lose rights to the trademark. Of course, this situation is retarded. As is most of the Monster Cable debacle. My guess is Monster Cable is so rabid because their products' prices are so hyper inflated that if they lose the name, they have nothing.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Every time I find myself in a position where I would normally buy a Monster, I will drink a beer instead.

Whatever I can do to help the cause.

BikeMike

Monkey
Feb 24, 2006
Why has no one asked when is Ben and Jerry's is going to get sued? Has no one accidentally bought a ridiculously large ice cream sunday instead of an ugly fonted can of "engery drink"? Or at least confused the two?

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Why has no one asked when is Ben and Jerry's is going to get sued? Has no one accidentally bought a ridiculously large ice cream sunday instead of an ugly fonted can of "engery drink"? Or at least confused the two?
Ben and Jerry's is a 30 billion dollar business. Monster cannot compete in the courtroom with them, simple as that.