Quantcast

another Mines vs CU thread

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
Great! Looks like we have some fresh meat for the DH team next year. :thumb:

CU is probably the only school I would want to go to. I think there's a good balance of academics and extracurriculars. The party school reputation doesn't apply to Engineering, its a polar opposite of the Arts & Sciences College. Just walk around the engineering center around finals, people have their head's buried in textbooks, and half of them look like zombies.

I was gonna say a similiar thing to Jeff about work after school. Any engineer 5 years after college and above, it has little difference on their employment on what school they went to. Companies look for experience. My dad went to Carnegie Mellon University to get his engineering degree, but after 30 years, a company won't even ask him about his college education. They just want to know about his work experience. My dad sees it all the time, new hires out of college, many out of graduate school from top notch universities, but they can't do squat when it comes to real work. That's all that really matters in the end. College teaches you a lot. But when you get to the working world, I suspect that if you can't apply what you learned, it's just a $100,000 sheet of paper.