Quantcast

Another protein question....

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
So how long will protein stay in the body?

Is there a diffference between having a bunch of protein an hour or two BEFORE you work out vs. an hour or so AFTER you work out (lifting, not Cardio).

What is the optimal way to consume it?

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Originally posted by Acadian
I know the optimal way for the body to absorb it if taken within the first 40 min following a workout.
Ok... so like as soon as I get home then.
Thanks

I've been lifting about 2x week since about February.
It's starting to pay off... Better bike control in the rough stuff and not smacking my face on the bars on the big hucks...Plus better endourance for N* and the like.

Originally posted by -BB-

Ok... so like as soon as I get home then.
Thanks

I've been lifting about 2x week since about February.
It's starting to pay off... Better bike control in the rough stuff and not smacking my face on the bars on the big hucks...Plus better endourance for N* and the like.
Don't forget to take it before you sleep. When you sleep your body goes into a catabolic state which will eat into your hard earned muscle gains if there is not enough protein to supply the need. There are proteins specially designed for this but they cost a ton, about $70/bottle.

What protein are you using? I used to use Cytopro but then this whole methoxy isoflavine craze came out and I've been on these since then. The methoxy supposedly helps protein synthesis allowing the body to absorb protein at a faster rate. I dunno how it exactly works or even if it does but the increased portions alone are having an effect.