Quantcast

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Explain how that takes 10 hours? i can draw that in 15 seconds
Exactly... No effin way that was ten hours. If so he got jacked from the artist. I have one that has WAY more detail in it, and it was only about three.

Only way that was a ten hour sesion is if he needed a ten minute break every five minutes.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Exactly... No effin way that was ten hours. If so he got jacked from the artist. I have one that has WAY more detail in it, and it was only about three.

Only way that was a ten hour sesion is if he needed a ten minute break every five minutes.
If the Monster company paid for it, I'd be taking as long as possible too.

Or maybe it took that long because the artist couldn't stop laughing.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Not much detail. Easy to remove. Tatoo removal techniques now dont scar as much as they used to. He can throw a rockstar logo on there in no time.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
If I was the the tattoo artist....i would have taken all day...no breaks...and just buried the fvcking needle in his back for something that stupid.

Which action sports superhero is that supposed to be...the flat bill obscures his face.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Wow... considering it's Dyrdek you would think it would be a giant DC logo or something. Not as bad as the Steve-O self portrait or Erik Roner's tramp stamp, but... not something I would do. Ever.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Easy to remove.
that tattoo would definitely not be easy to remove. that would take countless laser sessions and there would be a scar from that.

i can definitely see how that would take 10 hours, especially on someone who doesnt really have any tattoos. to fill in all of that outline is painful and theres a lot of skin to cover up.

still stupid.

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
It's Rob Drydeck, or whatever his name is. He is a talentless dude who got rich from doing stupid publicity stunts. This fits perfectly. Not surprising or shameful at all. He wants to be famous and rich and he's willing to make an ass out of himself. Perfect.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
It's Rob Drydeck, or whatever his name is. He is a talentless dude who got rich from doing stupid publicity stunts.
youre kidding right?
hes been killin it skate wise since he was a kid and has been a pro since then too. he's doing as every pro should doing by reppin the people who pay him

its only been recently that he's been a "brand whore" and promoted everything....though it doesnt excuse the stupidness of this tattoo

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
but my small tattoo has way more detail and only took 4 hours :rolleyes:
To fill in that much area takes time in and of itself, regardless of level of detail. The biggest factor is the artist themselves.......they all work at different speeds. The area of that back piece filled in is probably equivalent in area to my whole sleeve, which took about 30-35 hours total (then again a lot of that was outlining/shading).....but even still....

In any event, it's still a retarded tattoo. I think we can all agree on that.

Last edited:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
To fill in that much area takes time in and of itself, regardless of level of detail. The biggest factor is the artist themselves.......they all work at different speeds.
sorry, i thought the sarcasm was obvious when i made that comment.
he did say the outline took 4 hours and the fill in was going to be 6

edit;

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I think I sort of agree......it was hard to tell, but the inked area didn't appear to be swollen/raised like it should have been. Wierd.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Yea I don't bleed much either (not at all really).....but his back should have definitely shown to be swollen where inked. There was a couple camera views showing the "contour" of the skin between inked and uninked skin.....and there was no raised areas that I could tell (hard to explain what I mean).

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i wouldn't consider that to be a deciding factor. I bleed very little when I get ink done.
not saying its a deciding factor but something large will probably tend to bleed just a bit...especially after 10 hours of sitting.
ive had some work thats bled a lot and some that didnt.

(hard to explain what I mean).
i think those of us with tattoos know what you mean

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yea I don't bleed much either (not at all really).....but his back should have definitely shown to be swollen where inked. There was a couple camera views showing the "contour" of the skin between inked and uninked skin.....and there was no raised areas that I could tell (hard to explain what I mean).
i know exactly what you mean. keep in mind, the degree of swollenness tends to depend on how long a particular area has been worked. for a piece that covers that much area with so little work (for the line work at least), I wouldn't expect a substantial amount of swelling.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
not saying its a deciding factor but something large will probably tend to bleed just a bit...especially after 10 hours of sitting.
ive had some work thats bled a lot and some that didnt.

i think those of us with tattoos know what you mean
it also depends on how heavy of a hand the artist has. judging by the color saturation on the green (and the quality of the shading) I'd say that artist wasn't very heavy handed (at least for that portion).

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I'm not sure how well the back retains ink, but coloring in that much area could take a ton of time going back over areas where ink didn't stick. I know my elbow and sternum were like that, then again it's basically just skin over bone, so not much flesh to retain the ink.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I'm not sure how well the back retains ink, but coloring in that much area could take a ton of time going back over areas where ink didn't stick. I know my elbow and sternum were like that, then again it's basically just skin over bone, so not much flesh to retain the ink.
a back tattoo pretty much sucks. especially in the fatty area since its so sensitive. shading over that large of a area is serious regardless of how stupid the tattoo is.
if it is real, i dont see 10 hours being out of the norm