Quantcast

Another SuperCo

jimmy d

Chimp
Dec 12, 2007
Berthoud
First I want to thank Doc and Terry for just being awesome period! After having a couple of the mass produced frames I just wanted to throw down on a frame that meant something to me and the culture of this discipline. It only made sense that the same amount of effort that went into building and riding trails went into the tool that the trails are built for. So to all the small time frame builders that pour their lives work into and understand what a small niche this part of the bike world this is, THANKS!

This is it:

XL Charger
Custom Built 90mm Dual Air Pike
Deity Bar & Stem
Cane Creak HS
ODI Longneck Grips
Mavic 721 rims Profile Front hub
Schwalbe Table Top Tires
Profile cranks, BB and Sprocket
28 x 13 gearing
Welgo Mag Pedals
Mechanic Hallow pin chain
Thompson post
FBM Rumble Seat
Avid Mechanical Disc 145mm Rotor

And for the weight conscious 27.2LBS

Attachments

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
that bike is smooth, and the shaved pikes look killer. also love the white deity stem, black bar. different from what you always see

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
That looks awsome I think i saw some footy of someone shredding those jumps in the background, do you come in from the street and then into a quarter? Anyway sick ride.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
look officer, we're just trying to have fun over here........:crazy:
not to mention their just isn't the clearance to slam the seat. IIRC Doc designed these bikes with really low TT's and seat tubes to give better clearance for things like tables and turndowns.

jimmy d

Chimp
Dec 12, 2007
Berthoud
slam the seat!!!!!! great bike
The slammed seat would look cool but I don't ride it that way. There’s not much clearance for it and at 6'1" and 38 years old it's not that functional for me.

That looks awsome I think i saw some footy of someone shredding those jumps in the background, do you come in from the street and then into a quarter? Anyway sick ride.
Yeah we have a jump line on each side of the house that you come in from the street, one side has two smaller ones into a berm and the one you see has three into a wall-ride and there is a half pipe in the middle.

I heart your backyard. Nice build!
I would invite you to come ride this weekend but I just woke up to 2" of new snow. Looks like we are planning a full makeover this spring so if you want to come help that would be great. Already have dirt and skid steers lined up! Keep in touch!

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Bike looks dope. Seat height is just right - that's slammed for us oldschoolers :)

Action shot is rad. Looks like you guys have a nice riding setup there.

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
I would invite you to come ride this weekend but I just woke up to 2" of new snow. Looks like we are planning a full makeover this spring so if you want to come help that would be great. Already have dirt and skid steers lined up! Keep in touch!
Yes please. I likey to move dirt very much.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Jimmy your bike looks awesome period. Reminds me of a white tie and tails tuxedo.

Ride shots are rad. Tam'boggan shreds. You guys rock. Looking forward to riding with y'all in Cleveland in Feb.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I emailed this to Terry but I'll say it again here - that bike is just gorgeous. IT just looks so "right" to me for the intended purpose that it is designed for - nice work!

Landon

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Great lookin' rig.

I got to meet Tammy at Interbike. Sounds like one hell of a yard set-up.

-L

jimmy d

Chimp
Dec 12, 2007
Berthoud
Yeah I’m pretty stoked to have a wife I can ride with and that shreds too. Having trails and ramps in your backyard is pretty awesome as well, especially when you have dreamed about it since your first bike as a kid.

Thanks guys!

Yo Homie, I can't figure out who you are?

jimmy d

Chimp
Dec 12, 2007
Berthoud
Hey what's with the XL? Does it have an extended TT?
Yeah the actual tube length is 23.125” HT center to the point where the 71 deg seat angle would be. This is 24.1” effective, level with the ground which makes it exactly one inch longer than the regular Charger.