Quantcast

Another thing that pissses me off!!

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/04/10/amber.alert.ap/index.html

I hate how our elected officials will tack on thier little pet projects onto another bill that is very popular, even when the two are totally unrelated.

The examples in the above article are small examples, but in addition to the sub-items they talk about, there is also a "RAVE" bill attached to Megan's law that states that club owners are responsible for any narcotics found on club patrons.:rolleyes:
And if drugs are found on a patron on only two occasions, the club will be shut down.
WTF? Arrest the people with the stuff, don't shut down teh place they are in!!

Or another example, in a recent bill to approve funds to help out Iraq, a bunch of unrelated environmental bills were added on. Things like money for the Chesapeake Bay, or Boston Harbor...

Then, if someone does not vote for the bill b/c of these little "add-ons", it goes on their record.
This means that an opponent in the next election can say "Senator BlaBlaBla voted AGAINST Megan's law.. Doesn't he value our children's safty?" making the guy look lke a shmuck!!

Politics:rolleyes: :angry: :mad:

What happened to the line-item veto?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Yeah, that's a big one. The only thing that irks me more is when bills are horribly misnamed. My general rule of thumb is, the better a bill sounds for me from the title, the harder the author of the bill is looking to drill me in the ass.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Originally posted by Silver
Yeah, that's a big one. The only thing that irks me more is when bills are horribly misnamed. My general rule of thumb is, the better a bill sounds for me from the title, the harder the author of the bill is looking to drill me in the ass.
Hello... would you like to sign our "Cute and Fuzzy Kitten" petition?

;)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by -BB-
there is also a "RAVE" bill attached to Megan's law that states that club owners are responsible for any narcotics found on club patrons.:rolleyes: And if drugs are found on a patron on only two occasions, the club will be shut down. [/B][/QUOTE] How do they define a rave or a club? I guarantee that a bunch of people who get arrested at sporting events or concerts are found to have drugs. It looks like the LA Coloseum, the Meadowlands and all other major venues will eventually be shut down. It pisses me off when people pass unreasonable laws like that because kids are doing things that they don't understand. Funny thing is most of the people that passed that law were probably snorting cocaine in bathrooms 25 years ago.:rolleyes:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by -BB-
What happened to the line-item veto?
The president doesn't have it. Governors do for their state. Every Governor that become PotUS pushes the idea but it always gets shot down.

Pretty fvcking stupid if you ask me. The PotUS *needs* line item veto.

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
you wanna know what pisses me off?!?!?!?!

when the state of Washington votes for a straight license tab fee of $35 (the first time)... then counties go and tag on local fees and sh*t... so it goes around for a vote (AGAIN)... for just $35!!! no more, no less.... and some dill hole backwood inbred buttf*ked redneck fudgepackin' hillbilly judge in King County says.. Hmmm NOT! and over turns the vote to allow an additional fee for TRUCKS!!!! not SUV's, not cars, not motorcycles, not anything else but TRUCKS! YES, I have a truck and that's why this pisses me off so much:angry:

I wish there were some law that said, "I don't give a flying rats a$$ who you are (mr. dillhole judge), the people voted! so stick that in your crackpipe and smoke it!"

okay... rant over... thanks for letting me vent.