Quantcast

Anthrax Case Questions

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Has anyone been following Glenn Greenwald on this? I'm especially interested in the ABC News bentonite thing. Just where was Brian Ross getting the bentonite info from?

http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2008/08/01/anthrax/index.html

Interesting reading. I'm not of the opinion that 9/11 was an inside job (yet), but I think the anthrax case may really turn out to be the Gulf of Tonkin incident for Iraq. Also, if it is the case that Ivins was the guy, what a great job by the FBI to let the Army keep the guy at work in a bioweapons facility until less than a month ago...WTF is up with that?

edit:

Then there is this:

The attacks were not entirely unexpected. I had been told soon after Sept. 11 to secure Cipro, the antidote to anthrax. The tip had come in a roundabout way from a high government official, and I immediately acted on it. I was carrying Cipro way before most people had ever heard of it.

http://www.slate.com/id/2186766/

You know, I'd like to know who that high government official is. Anyone else?

Last edited:

RenegadeRick

98th percentile on my SAT & all I got was this tin
This seems to suggest that the link between 9-11, Anthrax, and Iraq was deliberately fabricated, and that this was a major justification for the war and that ABC knows who did this.

ABC News already knows the answers to these questions. They know who concocted the false bentonite story and who passed it on to them with the specific intent of having them broadcast those false claims to the world, in order to link Saddam to the anthrax attacks and -- as importantly -- to conceal the real culprit(s) (apparently within the U.S. government) who were behind the attacks. And yet, unbelievably, they are keeping the story to themselves, refusing to disclose who did all of this. They're allegedly a news organization, in possession of one of the most significant news stories of the last decade, and they are concealing it from the public, even years later.

They're not protecting "sources." The people who fed them the bentonite story aren't "sources." They're fabricators and liars who purposely used ABC News to disseminate to the American public an extremely consequential and damaging falsehood. But by protecting the wrongdoers, ABC News has made itself complicit in this fraud perpetrated on the public, rather than a news organization uncovering such frauds. That is why this is one of the most extreme journalistic scandals that exists, and it deserves a lot more debate and attention than it has received thus far.
The anthrax scare was a major reason why the Patriot Act was passed without being read (well, maybe they wouldn't have read it anyhow), it helped it easily become law.

This is freaking huge.

So Silver... in light of the deliberately and falsely developed links between 9-11 and anthrax, what would it take to get you to believe 9-11 was an inside job? Or instead, do you suspect that the anthrax stuff was simply a matter of someone recognizing an opportunity to further the PNAC agenda?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
So Silver... in light of the deliberately and falsely developed links between 9-11 and anthrax, what would it take to get you to believe 9-11 was an inside job? Or instead, do you suspect that the anthrax stuff was simply a matter of someone recognizing an opportunity to further the PNAC agenda?
Number 2. Possibly with Israeli involvement, although the note is so clumsy that I have trouble believing that anyone other than an idiot like Bush wrote it. Cheney probably had him do it in his right before nap time after Sesame Street.

I think I've said this before, but my dad mentioned after 9/11 that he guessed that the FBI/CIA etc, had people waiting in LA and San Francisco for Atta and his friends so that they could tail them and see what was going on. That's about as much conspiracy as I'm ready to handle at this point in time.

As far as Zack goes, who knows? The FBI doesn't seem interested, but then again they were interested in the wrong guy for a long time.