Quantcast

Any DH riding near Canon City?

tomacdaddy

Monkey
Feb 2, 2005
Minturn, CO
SkaredShtles said:
Keystone and Vail would be about equidistant. :p

You'd be better off heading to Silverton, though, methinks.
Silverton:drool: :drool:

If you've got a few days to ride, a few nights to spend in an old time mining town with saloons on every corner... go to Silverton. The riding is awesome. Only $22 a day! DH bike + pads NEEDED. I cannot describe how much FUN Silverton riding is...not a lot of people on a HUGE mountain - one lift total.
http://www.thebent.com/silverton_mountain.htm

It's a little further than Keystone or Vail, but well worth it. Unless you like to go shopping, in which case, come to Vail.

bomberboy11

Monkey
Jul 15, 2005
At a computer...duh
I watched that Silverton video - that place looks awesome, even though my sound isn't working right now and I missed the Bender bit in the beginning. I'm not the biggest fan of wooden lines and bridges but the singletrack looks fun as hell, though I wouldn't really say that pads would be necessary for a lot of that unless I was hitting the bigger gaps. That 45' gully gap looks kinda nifty too....

So Vail, Keystone, and Silverton....Sounds like a decent offering if I were heading out there in May or June. How long of a drive would each of those places be from Canon?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
bomberboy11 said:
I watched that Silverton video - that place looks awesome, even though my sound isn't working right now and I missed the Bender bit in the beginning. I'm not the biggest fan of wooden lines and bridges but the singletrack looks fun as hell, though I wouldn't really say that pads would be necessary for a lot of that unless I was hitting the bigger gaps. That 45' gully gap looks kinda nifty too....

So Vail, Keystone, and Silverton....Sounds like a decent offering if I were heading out there in May or June. How long of a drive would each of those places be from Canon?
Google maps are your friends:

http://maps.google.com
canon city, co to Silverton, CO
canon city, co to Vail, CO
canon city, co to Keystone, CO

tomacdaddy

Monkey
Feb 2, 2005
Minturn, CO
There is a good variety of riding in Silverton. A bit of everything.

Have you seen Earthed 2? Some good Vail footage of Minaar.

Vail/Ketsone are usually open in full effect around Memorial Day. (I'm not sure about Silverton)
Keystone/Vail are probably 3-4 hrs from Canon, Silverton 4-5.
I drive slow and have only driven that way once so that is really a guesstimation.

Oh...bring an extra wheel if you plan on hitting the big gap!!