Quantcast

Any Northeast Monkies who work in the bike industry?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Just curious if you enjoy it/have any tips etc.? I'm considering a career switch and want more info. about how companies use writers (for marketing, press releases, internal documents etc.).

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
bluebug32 said:
Just curious if you enjoy it/have any tips etc.? I'm considering a career switch and want more info. about how companies use writers (for marketing, press releases, internal documents etc.).
I've got no ideas...but would love to know about the financial guys in the industry.

dedwards225

Chimp
Jun 11, 2006
Brooklyn
PM me...I was the senior designer at Raleigh bicycles for several years doing there color development and marketing before moving out here to the East coast.
Later.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
bluebug32 said:
Heck yeah I enjoy it. I left a higher paying job with better benefits in the aerospace industry to have more fun in the bike biz. We're a small company so we wear many hats and don't have a dedicated person for doing the marketing copy, press releases, etc. I would think it would be that way in all but the biggest companies but I could be wrong. I'm sure there are opportunities though, especially if you bring to light some of your other skills so you too can wear many hats. PM me if you like.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Mike B. said:
Heck yeah I enjoy it. I left a higher paying job with better benefits in the aerospace industry to have more fun in the bike biz. We're a small company so we wear many hats and don't have a dedicated person for doing the marketing copy, press releases, etc. I would think it would be that way in all but the biggest companies but I could be wrong. I'm sure there are opportunities though, especially if you bring to light some of your other skills so you too can wear many hats. PM me if you like.
many hats is good!