Quantcast

Any recommendations for a quiet hub?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The German Bike mag had a test in their 6/17 issue and they were same weight, same shifting performance, same everything (besides color and logo). They even stated it in their test that they think the Box is a ripoff.
Ze Germans were probably just cranky that the drive train review was part of their 87th Nicolai review of the year.

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
Box is a sub-brand of promax

I don't think promax and sunrace are related, but that wouldn't be surprising. If they are related, then there is the proof...

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Your boyfriend's hand obviously. Right at the guitar solo in white rabbit by jefferson airplane.

If you get that reference I'll send you a free conversion kit.
I'm afraid and disgusted, but I'm not in Nevada.

And I like my Hope hub the way it is. :D

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Ze Germans were probably just cranky that the drive train review was part of their 87th Nicolai review of the year.
Nah, they have been following the orders of the lizards for years now....Specialized, Trek, Cube, Canyon etc. get tested and they just throw a random review of a Nicolai in there to hide the fact that they are controlled by the overlords.

bagtagley

Monkey
Jun 18, 2002
VA
I have a Project 321 with the quiet pawls. I just got it, so can't speak to durability. It's definitely quiet. Not quite silent, but damn near, especially compared to the Hopes I'm used to. In the stand, it sounds like the brake is rubbing. On the trail, I barely notice it unless there's a sidehill or something reflecting the sound, and even then, it sounds like there's another rider following you with a normal sounding hub.