Quantcast

anybody else has digestion problems with whey proteins?

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by rbx
i am having trouble digesting this type protein..
i hate the taste of egg proteins..aside from soya proteins is there anything left?:(
being allergic to whey protein is actually a pretty common thing. i am allergic to it. started trying out a whey protein shake and it did some stuff ot me i didn't really like. what are you using the protein product for? a meal replacement or for after work out recovery type deal?

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
HOLY CRAP!!!! WHey protein would give me the WORST case of gas! I'm lactose intolerant so that doesn't help either. The stuff worked..my roommates would just have to deal with my ass gass.

rbx

Monkey
i use it more as a diatery supplement so at the end of the day i get all my protein intake and sometimes after my workout..

curiously i am not lactose intolerante but like dogwelder said i get pretty damn gassy and cramps!!!i can drink all the milk i want but after one glass of WHEY im blowded like a beach ball..

so now im wondering if there is such thing as milk proteins that did not undergo the whey transformation?

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Are you mixing the shake with milk or water. I used to suffer from the same problem but ended up mixing the shake with water (and later lactose free soy milk) and found that fixed up that horrible bloating problem. :)

rbx

Monkey
Originally posted by Roasted
Are you mixing the shake with milk or water. I used to suffer from the same problem but ended up mixing the shake with water (and later lactose free soy milk) and found that fixed up that horrible bloating problem. :)
i usally mixed with milk

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I think you just need to try different brands until you find one that settles well. I tried about a dozen until I found one that didn't make me want to puke. I am lactose intolerant, so I mix my powder with ice cubes, water, and berries.

I don't think there is any way altogether avoiding smelly protein farts. :dead:

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Originally posted by MtnBikerChk
it could just be the milk. try lactaid or soy milk.

(I use soy)
Thats kind of what I meant by my above statement. I switched to soy and that fixed the problem :)

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Originally posted by rbx
yeah but im not lactose intolerante ..so why would mixing the whey with water or soy solve the problem:confused:
Neither am I. But for some reason powder protein with regular milk made me sick. Chang milk to soy and everything was better.