Quantcast

Anybody using a 7.875x2.25" shock?

jnooth

Monkey
Sep 19, 2008
Vermont Country
If I could make that work on my enduro I would be all over it. What would this shock do to my geo if I am supposed to run an 8x5 by 2.125? Even possible?

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Thanks Sandwich. I just placed the order. This will be a nice upgrade on my commencal supreme 6.
Funny, as soon as I read Sandwhich's post that's the first bike that came to mind. I had one in college and it was such an odd shock size at the time, I couldn't ever find a replacement for the crappy air DHX that came on it. Wish I could find a cheapish frame sans shock that uses that size and build up a budget freeride bike.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Is it really an odd shock size? 2 of my older bikes used that size, but they were '02 and '03 frames. Maybe it's not so common these days?

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Is it really an odd shock size? 2 of my older bikes used that size, but they were '02 and '03 frames. Maybe it's not so common these days?
Now that I think about it, I really wanted a Vivid coil for that frame, at the time the Vivid didn't come in that size. I almost bought a Double barrel but ended up selling the frame before I ever swapped the shock.

Gurney

Chimp
Jan 14, 2010
Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered one for my Dixon. Cheaper then sending off my current shock for a servicing.