Anyone actually been to Iraq?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
alwaysbroncin19 said:
Thanks. As the thread progresses your true feelings really start to show. You are ungrateful, but at least you can find some comfort in your posting skills. Once in a while just try and think of the people who made it possible for you to do this. It really is a thankless job, but we can go to sleep at night w/o our consious biting us in the ass. Later
Thanks for making the world more dangerous for all of us, Jackass.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
alwaysbroncin19 said:
Shhh! You don't even remember 9-11.
I was in NYC on 9/11, as well as raised in New York. Your logic requires that you should have no opinion because only I can tell you about 9/11.

I am very interested to hear about your experiences in Iraq, as I know it from mountain biking there, not actually meeting the people or seeing it firsthand.

However, to say that my opinion about the war is negated by my lack of time there, is ridiculous.

A good point was made about Bush declaring war without ever setting foot there. You might say he had intelligence on Iraq, but it was wrong (remember WMD?).

Oct 7, 2005
Bozeman MT
MikeD said:
So...what do you know about anything I've said on the war in Iraq? You're going out of your way to lump me with a sweeping generalization, apparently because you think everyone on this forum thinks the same thing.

If you care that much about what I think, run some searches and you'll find I share your concerns about the way our nation's populace is too easily swayed to action and then too often fails to accept the consequences and pull through the hard times.

You'll find that while I think Iraq was and is a poorly-planned and misguided venture, which has encouraged our enemies to take advantage of our off-balanced and overcommitted posture (say, Iran?), I certainly don't hope for failure just to spite a certain political party. The mess is the US's, all of ours, and I'm digging in to do my part to make it work. You've been to Iraq? Well, if you go back, it's possible I'll be seeing you there.

In any case, do and say whatever you want...I'm through with this.

MD
I'll meet you with a smile. Later

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
alwaysbroncin19 said:
Thanks. As the thread progresses your true feelings really start to show. You are ungrateful, but at least you can find some comfort in your posting skills. Once in a while just try and think of the people who made it possible for you to do this. It really is a thankless job, but we can go to sleep at night w/o our consious biting us in the ass. Later
LMAO!

Oct 7, 2005
Bozeman MT
Changleen said:
Thanks for making the world more dangerous for all of us, Jackass.
NZ wouldn't know if the world was dangerous or peaceful. You have to worry about your mountains, and it seems we have to worry about everything else. No country....or person is perfect, but apathy will never get anything accomplished.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
alwaysbroncin19 said:
Is the point of your thread is that we should thank the soldiers for the job they have done in Iraq?

Let me the first to thank the soldiers then. Just because I disagree with the war does not meet I hate the people who serve in the military.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
sanjuro said:
Is the point of your thread is that we should thank the soldiers for the job they have done in Iraq?

Let me the first to thank the soldiers then. Just because I disagree with the war does not meet I hate the people who serve in the military.
I'm still trying to figure out the point of this thread. It seems none of us can have a point of view, no matter what it is, because we haven't been there

Oct 7, 2005
Bozeman MT
My intention for starting this thread was to try and gain some info on the kind of crowd that is posting in these forums. I do share many of the same concerns shown throughout many of these threads, but I choose to have some solutions to these problems, unlike many.

We could sit and bash all day, but I have to go look at some bikes. I now feel unfortunate for even looking at this political debate section, as it is no debate at all. Just problems with no answers.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Westy said:
I'm still trying to figure out the point of this thread. It seems none of us can have a point of view, no matter what it is, because we haven't been there
Frankly, alwaysbroncin19 wanted to start an internet battle, and there are plenty of gladiators in this forum to oblige him.

Notice my simple logic has gotten zero response from mr. bozeman?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
ohio said:
This guy is so Burly's alter ego. I call trolling with a fake Montanan.
No, this would be funnier if it was Burly's alter. This is too much of a train-wreck even for him.

Oct 7, 2005
Bozeman MT
sanjuro said:
Frankly, alwaysbroncin19 wanted to start an internet battle, and there are plenty of gladiators in this forum to oblige him.

Notice my simple logic has gotten zero response from mr. bozeman?
Gladiators? Ok, I'll stop. I had no intention of starting an internet battle.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
If I lived in Bozeman I'd be pissed too. Freakin developments all over the place. Houses everywhere to **** up the view. It's the Riverside of Montana. What our military should really be doing is occupying Bozeman and get that freakin place back together.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
alwaysbroncin19 said:
Gladiators? Ok, I'll stop. I had no intention of starting an internet battle.
If you have a particular issue to discuss, bring it up.

A specific question like, "Whose been to Iraq?" should only generate yes or no answers. But it is a leading question, as you see with the responses you have gotten, none of which has been yes or no.

If you feel we should not discuss a particular topic because of our lack of time in Iraq, I can appreciate that. But blanket statements are kinda pointless.

Oct 7, 2005
Bozeman MT
BeerDemon said:
If I lived in Bozeman I'd be pissed too. Freakin developments all over the place. Houses everywhere to **** up the view. It's the Riverside of Montana. What our military should really be doing is occupying Bozeman and get that freakin place back together.
See, I agree!

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
sanjuro said:

I do. In fact, everytime and American soldier gets killed, I open up a hideously expensive bottle of wine and have a party. Then we go kidnap some god fearing Midwesterners and make them have homosexual sex and abortions while we tape it.

You didn't get your invite? PM me your address.

Oct 7, 2005
Bozeman MT
sanjuro said:
If you have a particular issue to discuss, bring it up.

A specific question like, "Whose been to Iraq?" should only generate yes or no answers. But it is a leading question, as you see with the responses you have gotten, none of which has been yes or no.

If you feel we should not discuss a particular topic because of our lack of time in Iraq, I can appreciate that. But blanket statements are kinda pointless.
That "blanket question" did exactly what it was designed to do. The internet battle as you put it, was unexpected. I'm just wondering if people have any room for another point of view. BTW one thing I love about this country is it's citizens involvement in the democratic process. I just wish people would inform themselves more before making a decision. There are way to many 18 and 19 year old adults who don't know who the vice president is let alone their own elected officials at the local level.

Oct 7, 2005
Bozeman MT
Silver said:
I do. In fact, everytime and American soldier gets killed, I open up a hideously expensive bottle of wine and have a party. Then we go kidnap some god fearing Midwesterners and make them have homosexual sex and abortions while we tape it.

You didn't get your invite? PM me your address.
This would explain the massive influx of Californians migrating to Montana and F@@king up my view.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
This thread is like a Seinfield episode. Lots of yabbering but very little actually happening.
To the OP, I think a lot of us would be interested to hear about your experiences in Iraq. You're not the first monkey that has been there. What was the name of the bloke that was always arguing with you Chang?

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
I've never been to Iraq, but I've been in an I-ROQ. It was pretty sweet. It went awesome with my long flowing locks and cutoff Skynard shirt.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
valve bouncer said:
What was the name of the bloke that was always arguing with you Chang?
Erm...

In decending order of stupidity, take your pick from:

DRB, DT, Pterodactyl (I think you mean him), The Amish...

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Changleen said:
Erm...

In decending order of stupidity, take your pick from:

DRB, DT, Pterodactyl (I think you mean him), The Amish...
No this might be going back a year or so. He'd served in Iraq. Slightly barmy but entertaining. If you said black he'd automatically say white.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
ohio said:
I've never been to Iraq, but I've been in an I-ROQ. It was pretty sweet. It went awesome with my long flowing locks and cutoff Skynard shirt.
You poser. No self respecting Jew would be seen in a Camaro...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
alwaysbroncin19 said:
That "blanket question" did exactly what it was designed to do. The internet battle as you put it, was unexpected. I'm just wondering if people have any room for another point of view. BTW one thing I love about this country is it's citizens involvement in the democratic process. I just wish people would inform themselves more before making a decision. There are way to many 18 and 19 year old adults who don't know who the vice president is let alone their own elected officials at the local level.
Well, I am against blanket statements, but I do agree that people who are uninformed should not express opinions.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
valve bouncer said:
No this might be going back a year or so. He'd served in Iraq. Slightly barmy but entertaining. If you said black he'd automatically say white.
Maybe PonySoldier?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
alwaysbroncin19 said:
Ask any political advisor or professor what areas have the least actual knowledge of gov't happenings, and the answer will surprise you. Hint: it's not the small towns or San Francisco.
Actually, I have to agree with San Francisco not knowing sh*t....

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
alwaysbroncin19 said:
My intention for starting this thread was to try and gain some info on the kind of crowd that is posting in these forums. I do share many of the same concerns shown throughout many of these threads, but I choose to have some solutions to these problems, unlike many.

We could sit and bash all day, but I have to go look at some bikes. I now feel unfortunate for even looking at this political debate section, as it is no debate at all. Just problems with no answers.
Dude there is no debate here, justa bunch of pole smokin wankers who like to blow smoke up each others ass about how smart they are. Its about a dozen regulars who like to dominate this forum and tear down anybody who deosnt view the world exactly as they do. DOnt give up! you'll never win any form of debate here but atleast you can take comfort in knowing you pissed them off. The moderators think they're all douche's so its pretty much an open invite to tell it like it is. Its a small role, but I'm happy to play it.
Theres still those of us who are with you. I know the dangers of the Aaaaaaaaarab, despite the fact that the coloniolists(tell me i cant spell) broke the middle east up and gave the countries seperate names, they're all one in the same. Be glad we trashed Iraq, it only makes it that much easier to f*ck up Iran. At the end of the day its all the same battle, just different theatres.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
alwaysbroncin19 said:
Ask any political advisor or professor what areas have the least actual knowledge of gov't happenings, and the answer will surprise you. Hint: it's not the small towns or San Francisco.
Not san francisco?

The san fran that had over a million people marching in protest over an administration decision a few years ago?

Damn. I was gonna say san francisco too.

Ummm miami?

How bout bout minneapolis? They're busy shoveling snow.........Okay that's my answer.

What did all the political advisors and professors that you hang out with say? Was it minneapolis?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
alwaysbroncin19 said:
NZ wouldn't know if the world was dangerous or peaceful. You have to worry about your mountains, and it seems we have to worry about everything else. No country....or person is perfect, but apathy will never get anything accomplished.
Shooting up ragheads for no good reason isn't proving too effective though either, eh?

Anyway, how do you know anything about NZ? Have you ever fought here? If not I don't think you're qualified to talk about it..

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
The Amish said:
Dude there is no debate here, justa bunch of pole smokin wankers who like to blow smoke up each others ass about how smart they are. Its about a dozen regulars who like to dominate this forum and tear down anybody who deosnt view the world exactly as they do. DOnt give up! you'll never win any form of debate here but atleast you can take comfort in knowing you pissed them off. The moderators think they're all douche's so its pretty much an open invite to tell it like it is. Its a small role, but I'm happy to play it.
Theres still those of us who are with you. I know the dangers of the Aaaaaaaaarab, despite the fact that the coloniolists(tell me i cant spell) broke the middle east up and gave the countries seperate names, they're all one in the same. Be glad we trashed Iraq, it only makes it that much easier to f*ck up Iran. At the end of the day its all the same battle, just different theatres.
Man, you're such a cock, but you're funny.

you'll never win any form of debate here
You said it! :p :p :p

Oct 7, 2005
Bozeman MT
Changleen said:
Shooting up ragheads for no good reason isn't proving too effective though either, eh?

Anyway, how do you know anything about NZ? Have you ever fought here? If not I don't think you're qualified to talk about it..
Do a google search and type in New Zealand Involvement. It's a short list.

Oct 7, 2005
Bozeman MT
kidwoo said:
Not san francisco?

The san fran that had over a million people marching in protest over an administration decision a few years ago?

Damn. I was gonna say san francisco too.

Ummm miami?

How bout bout minneapolis? They're busy shoveling snow.........Okay that's my answer.

What did all the political advisors and professors that you hang out with say? Was it minneapolis?
I guess I should have spelled out what I meant by "not san fransisco" It's obvious that san fran has a vested interest in the happenings of our government. New york on the other hand couldn't care less about anything but the Yankees! Not to offend any New Yorker with his or her ear open to anything else but the times.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Good! I'm glad NZ had the foresight not to get involved in your dumb-ass pointless illegal war.

You seriously seem to think you've done the world a favour by invading a soverign nation, destablising the region and killing tens of thoudsands of innovent Iraqis. Ever notice that the world is telling you to **** off and keep your favours to yourself in future?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I kinda feel sorry for this little guy, actually. I mean, he's from Montana. Think of how little he's ever been exposed to. His parents probably had the same last name even before they eloped because of the unexpected pregnancy. So then he runs off and joins old Uncle Sam, and all he hears is jargon and acronyms all day. Couple that with fox news and a chafed wiener from wanking in the sand all day, and it pretty much explains this tard's attitued. No less than three veterans have added to this thread, and Gomer Pile here has done nothing but make us all laugh harder because we know who's who. It's like watching a teeball stand pitch a perfect game at the special olympics. Its pretty sad, but still, pretty damn funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.