Quantcast

Anyone been to Dirtwood in Houston?

_James_

Chimp
Sep 14, 2003
oakland
its the best place 26" friendly, this park has been open for almost a year now and has only gotten better, they have probably remodeled it 3 or 4 times since they opened. Whats great about it is that its bikes all the time and no sessions $12 will let you ride all day. The first time I went there we asked the owner, Jay Evans, if it was cool if we brought our mountain bikes in and he simply said "if its got 2 wheels and pedals bring it in" you also get to see some amazing bike riding there, thats where all the good bmxers hang out in houston, because its a park built by the riders for the riders (damn cliches), yeah but anyway, good park worth it, shoot me an email or pm if you ever go out there and ill go and try to get some other guys aswell

ssk

Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Humidiston
Cool, thanks for the review James.

How busy was the park when you went? Since I have no skills, I like to go when they're empty so I don't embarass myself or get in other folk's way.

_James_

Chimp
Sep 14, 2003
oakland
last time i went there were 3 people there, the time before that about 8, but other times its been pretty busy. It is all about timing, but don't worry about not being able to do anything, i can't really do anything very impressive at all, but thats why im there. Whats really cool is the foam pit, but shoot me a pm whenever you plan to go out there and ill try to make it by with some other guys