Quantcast

Anyone bought from Airbomb?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Airbomb is the same thing as Beyond Bikes. It SUCKS.

However, if its a single item and you CALL and they have it in stock, you SHOULD be fine. But never underestimate those idiots.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
BurlyShirley said:
Airbomb is the same thing as Beyond Bikes. It SUCKS.

However, if its a single item and you CALL and they have it in stock, you SHOULD be fine. But never underestimate those idiots.
I'd heard that they were the same as BB, but wasn't sure. I would definitely call to place the order.

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
I got something from them a couple of months ago and had no problems. Sounds like you should call, though :)

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
Just price match at Jenson if they have it. Not worth the trouble. Beyond Bikes and anything associated with them is absurd. They're not intentionally ripping anyone off, they're just collosally stupid.

For example:

I ordered a couple parts (a chainguide - in stock, and an 83mm BB - not in stock) they offered to call me when the BB came in as I was going to have my girlfriend pick the parts up from the shop.

A week goes by, I call and ask about the BB..

"oh yeah, it's in... sorry, we forgot to call." they said.

Alright, I send my girlfriend down to pick the stuff up the next day (I paid for all the stuff on the initial call) and she goes in and calls me like 30 minutes later and says, "the chainguide got stolen."

I'm like "What? How does that happen? I already paid for it?"

They said "We leave the stuff on display until it gets picked up, even if it's paid for..." (that makes NO sense to me at all)

Anyway, they charged the price of the guide back to the card so that was fine and I ended up getting a barely used version for half the price off a monkey a week later.

They just are very poorly run.

headkase

Chimp
Oct 5, 2005
I bought a new spring for my 5th element, they were the only ones that had it. I ordered it on Thursday, 6 days of processing later it shipped. If I didn't live in SoCal, that would have been two weeks of waiting for a part that was in stock. Never again.

May 30, 2005
A$$pen
I ordered several things from them last summer. I called 2 weeks later wondering where the things were. They said they were out of stock. I asked why they didn't call or e-mail me. They said it was a glitch in their computer. I say BS! I know others that had the exact same experience.

Pricematch and buy elsewhere.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I have had the same problems. Things always all of the sudden on back order, computer glitches, bunches of crap. Never ever again.

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
I haven't bought from them since they merged with BB but they were pretty stand up guys when they had a shop near Blaine, WA. I don't regularly purchase from BB but have never had a problem with them either.

hcubed

Chimp
Feb 24, 2006
My experience has been that order processing and shipping is extremely slow, so don't order anything you need right away.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Bluesky lies on what they have in stock and what they don't. Occasionally they have what you need, but 75% of the time they don't, and will only inform you after you've paid for it that your order is 2 weeks (read 2 months) out. I just use them for pricematching. I've only had good luck with Greenfish, Pricepoint, and Jenson.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Hm. I got a fork in 2 days after payment in CA from BS, I guess I won't deal with them again. Pricepoint is pretty expensive unless you find a closout in my experience. I really just stick to Jenson now though.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Bicyclist said:
Hm. I got a fork in 2 days after payment in CA from BS, I guess I won't deal with them again. Pricepoint is pretty expensive unless you find a closout in my experience. I really just stick to Jenson now though.
Pricepoint has good deals on stuff from time to time, as does Jensen...Greenfish will typically kill them both when it comes to Manitou fork closeouts, though. :D

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
I've had good luck at PricePoint *knock on wood*...perhaps they will have the stem that you are looking for?

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
blue said:
Bluesky lies on what they have in stock and what they don't. Occasionally they have what you need, but 75% of the time they don't, and will only inform you after you've paid for it that your order is 2 weeks (read 2 months) out. I just use them for pricematching. I've only had good luck with Greenfish, Pricepoint, and Jenson.
Hmmmm. Bluesky's site lists the stem I want at the price I want. Maybe I'll give them a call.

My problem is that I want an 80mm stem with 6-8* rise that fits a 31.8mm bar. Not a lot of companies make this stem. The only one's I've found that fit my budget are WTB, Answer and Sette.