Quantcast

Anyone Coming to Bend for Nationals?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Thought I'd start a thread to see if any monkeys are coming to Bend for cyclocross nationals next month. There is going to be a ridiculous amount of fun!:thumb: and maybe some :eek:

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
pray for snow. This morning it is snowing. I am taking part in the Bike Culture event downtown one of the nights. Costumes, music and dancing are invloved. Be very afraid.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
pray for snow. This morning it is snowing. I am taking part in the Bike Culture event downtown one of the nights. Costumes, music and dancing are invloved. Be very afraid.
Score! I'm praying that there is a ton of snow and the conditions are miserable. I figure that's my only chance of getting a top 20. Have you scoped the course? Rumor is the course has two long run ups.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Score! I'm praying that there is a ton of snow and the conditions are miserable. I figure that's my only chance of getting a top 20. Have you scoped the course? Rumor is the course has two long run ups.
The course isn't quite all there - they are going to build some stuff and put it up the day before the race. I'll go take pics of what is there tomorrow and post pics.

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
well maybe i'll see if any locals are headed out there. btw ire you're a capitol subaru rider right? evan plews has been crushing down here in the southern oregon series

edit: i guess there might not be as much competition down here though... ha

Last edited:

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
well maybe i'll see if any locals are headed out there. btw ire you're a capitol subaru rider right? evan plews has been crushing down here in the southern oregon series

edit: i guess there might not be as much competition down here though... ha
Yeah I am. I was busting his chops about driving 4 hours so he could win a race :) He's trying to win the BAR competition and I don't think they weight the races based on the number of riders...so a win is a win. He even went over to Klamath for one of their races

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Well, the weather could be interesting. It's tough for them to forecast here because of the mountains that always stall out the weather system and steal our snow in town. BUT, there are 5 days of snow forecast to start this coming Sunday. Could be interesting!!!!!

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Well, the weather could be interesting. It's tough for them to forecast here because of the mountains that always stall out the weather system and steal our snow in town. BUT, there are 5 days of snow forecast to start this coming Sunday. Could be interesting!!!!!
Hell yes! My wish is coming true!

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Dumped all day yesterday. I'd say the course is probably under 6+ inches of snow. I have at least a foot at my house. Should be very December like for the race. 4 degrees this morning in town.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Rumor is 180 Elite Men :( I don't think they made the laps big enough to support that many racers
I doubt it. I'm going to stop by today and get a look at the course. They were working on it all day yesterday. Looks like it will be "warm" for your race Sunday. Highs should be mid 30's. Not like right now where it's -1

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Just got back from watching the Women's B race in single digit temps. The course is packed powder in most spots with some bare pavement and grass in spots. The stair case runup looks tiring. The women did 6 laps in 45 minutes so it's a pretty long lap but nothing overly techincal I'd say.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Still no pictures. You are even worse than Loco :)
haha, I took some but I am at work and don't have the capability to upload. It was pretty friggin cold for the camera and there was a loooong delay with the shutter.

Last edited: