Quantcast

Anyone else getting flats up on Tapeworm?

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
This year alone riding up there I have had 5 flats. More than I have ever had at any time before. I have noticed alot of glass around and try to clean it up whenever I can, but this is getting ridiculous.

Anyone else having the same problem?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
If you can, get some stans sealant and force it into you tube. You dont need much. I was getting black berry thorn flats at work and once i put stans in my tubes its been no prob at all. My tubes were shraders so i just had to take the valve cores out, but if you have presta ii'd think you can figure a way to make it work....

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
oly said:
If you can, get some stans sealant and force it into you tube. You dont need much. I was getting black berry thorn flats at work and once i put stans in my tubes its been no prob at all. My tubes were shraders so i just had to take the valve cores out, but if you have presta ii'd think you can figure a way to make it work....
Dude that's a killer idea!

oxygen_77

Monkey
Sep 20, 2003
Kent, WA
DOH!!! I knew there was a trail that I was forgetting to ride lately... I haven't been back to Tapeworm since I moved from Renton to Kent. It's just so easy for me to get to Tiger Mt. now that I've been going there all the time. Sorry to hear about your flat tire prob's Tenchiro, maybe you have some glass or wire stuck through your tire that keeps ripping your tubes... also, make sure you have rim liners in and that they aren't gnarled up and causing the flats...

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
Thanks for the info about the slime I might have to give that a try.

It just pisses me off that I dropped the coin for all new tires and tubes but I am still getting flats. Although this is the first one since doing that.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Tenchiro said:
This year alone riding up there I have had 5 flats. More than I have ever had at any time before. I have noticed alot of glass around and try to clean it up whenever I can, but this is getting ridiculous.

Anyone else having the same problem?
I have only gotten one flat out there, but I was running really thin light-weight tubes at the time.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Yes, thorns from Tape! I love that place. We were there just last night and did all the trails. It is really getting overgrown now though...so you wont have to worry too much longer when you can't ride it! :(

Knobularlife

Monkey
Mar 26, 2002
Lakeweird,WA
MUTOLI said:
Yes, thorns from Tape! I love that place. We were there just last night and did all the trails. It is really getting overgrown now though...so you wont have to worry too much longer when you can't ride it! :(
Who's We? :nuts:

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
I was up there on Sunday and felt like I was riding through a jungle. I'm thinking of stealing my dads weedwacker and going for a hike up there today if I have time. I didnt get any flats but I did get chased by a bunch of yellow jackets and stung by some nedles. Still a good time was had!

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Langer said:
I was up there on Sunday and felt like I was riding through a jungle. I'm thinking of stealing my dads weedwacker and going for a hike up there today if I have time. I didnt get any flats but I did get chased by a bunch of yellow jackets and stung by some nedles. Still a good time was had!
Yeah, I got into some needles as well. I hated the sticker going into Paresite...that didn't feel real good. :angry:

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
MUTOLI said:
Yeah, I got into some needles as well. I hated the sticker going into Paresite...that didn't feel real good. :angry:
I got about 8 scratches on my left arm from one of those. :p But I like the overgrown feeling, it is so much nice than when it is bare. Plus the more people ride, the more the brush will recede.