Quantcast

Anyone else ride a recumbent?

B

b_rider

Hello all, I'm back after a brief sabbatical from the forums. I like the new format. So kudos to the admins. for the change.

Anyway I ride a Vision R40 recumbent with a Short Wheel Base, & Over Seat Steering. Does anyone else ride a recumbent?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
My parents have a recumbent stationary bike. Does that count? :rolleyes:

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by b_rider
Hello all, I'm back after a brief sabbatical from the forums. I like the new format. So kudos to the admins. for the change.

Anyway I ride a Vision R40 recumbent with a Short Wheel Base, & Over Seat Steering. Does anyone else ride a recumbent?
Nope. is it fun? can you take it off road?

G

gravity

yeah i've got a recumbent, as an all-round bike. i use it for dirtjumping, DH, and some North Shore hucking. its versatility is amazing! :p :devil:

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by Spudzie
Seriouly i do own and ride a Bike E recumbant.
I love that thing and i can haul ass on it.
Recumbents are just plain evil:devil: ...if I want to sit down and lay back I will just stay on my couch!:monkey:

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
Originally posted by BMXman

Recumbents are just plain evil:devil: ...if I want to sit down and lay back I will just stay on my couch!:monkey:

But if I suffered a back injury which did not allow me to ride a regular bike I would definitely get a recumbent. I love to ride too much to give up the sport, even if it meant riding a recumbent.

Spudzie

Monkey
Dec 13, 2001
Hebron, ohio
I got my recumbant after the group GOBA went through my town and i got to test ride one. and since i do alot of road riding i wanted to be different and be seen , it works :)