Quantcast

Anyone ever...

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Had a bee fly into their mouth? I managed to gag it up and spit it out before I swallowed it, but the back of my throat still hurts.

Oh well, it was 80 today. I shouldn't complain, I guess :D

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
A closed mouth catches no bees.

My worst bee encounter was on a hill where its easy to hit 50 and hard not to hit 40. I had one fly in between my glasses and eye. Fortunately it was stunned by the impact, and I got the glasses off before it stung me. It was a mighty hairy few seconds there though.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Silver said:
Had a bee fly into their mouth? I managed to gag it up and spit it out before I swallowed it, but the back of my throat still hurts.

Oh well, it was 80 today. I shouldn't complain, I guess :D
I was told a story once by an old friend, when he was living in Germany his friend drank a bottle of beer with a wasp in it (maybe hornet) and his throat totally closed on him, they had to make a hole in his throat so he could breath till the swelling went back to normal. :oink:

chriskaiser

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Toronto
Up at my cottage when I go out for ride on the cottage road a swarm of horse flies are always following close behind. More than a few times I have had them in my mouth, and I recall twice I swallowed them. My friend also had an incident with a can of pop and a wasp he swallowed it and the wasp stung him on the way down, we went to the hospital but he was alright. Before I got glasses I would always get crap in my eyes, I got a corneal abrasion once, but it healed quickly. Since I have gotten the glasses all is well.

chriskaiser

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Toronto
In the city I hate it when there is a group of pigeons in your path and they dont move until the last second, I have almost run a few over. Also on some park pathways I find that the squirrels like to play chicken with you and run across the path at the last seconds, I wouldn't want to run one over, they're cute.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
a bee flew into my jersey on the Elephant Rock 100 at about mile 70. I was scratching and aggitated the rest of the ride. Sux.

Glad you spit it out, but if you swallowed it, I'm sure you would've been fine.

JMAC... some people are simply more allergic than others.

Olyroller

Monkey
Feb 8, 2002
Olympia, WA USA
Duck !

One day while riding a pace line down the bike trail in winter in Seattle the first rider yells duck, the second guy ducks his head down. First guy moves to the left and second guy hits a duck crossing the bike path. He hits the duck in the arse and the duck goes QUACK ! as it is spun 360 the third guy moves left and almost falls off his bike laughing. Me, I'm the third guy.

henrymiller

Monkey
May 4, 2002
Denver-A-Go-Go
I have. I think.

Something flew into my mouth. All I saw was a black blob. I spit it out. It tasted like it was hairy. Weird.

Stung me on the bottom lip.
I rode home drooling with a fat lip. :drool:

Worst was when I got a bee sting in the eyebrow. Man the hurt.

I now try and always ride with my mouth shut.

J

JRB

Olyroller said:
Duck !

One day while riding a pace line down the bike trail in winter in Seattle the first rider yells duck, the second guy ducks his head down. First guy moves to the left and second guy hits a duck crossing the bike path. He hits the duck in the arse and the duck goes QUACK ! as it is spun 360 the third guy moves left and almost falls off his bike laughing. Me, I'm the third guy.
I've had one in the head piece but not in my mouth. This duck story is brilliant.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Three of us were out cruising the dirt roads. One guy and I were riding side by side in the front when the guy in the back bangs into my rear wheel then swerves and starts rubbing the other dudes wheels. Then the sound of a bike hitting the dirt. We're both thinking what an idiot; can't even ride on a dirt road. Two bees had flown into his jersey and were stinging his stomach.

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
chriskaiser said:
In the city I hate it when there is a group of pigeons in your path and they dont move until the last second, I have almost run a few over. Also on some park pathways I find that the squirrels like to play chicken with you and run across the path at the last seconds, I wouldn't want to run one over, they're cute.

I hit a squirrel once. Dragon flies are rather annoying to hit as well.

matt

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
i've been stung by 3 yellow jackets at different times. i'm very allergic to hornet stings but waited to use my epipen to see how bad the reaction was. it wasnt that bad the Eroom attendant said i should probably use it anyhow JIC i start reacting badly to them too

Olyroller

Monkey
Feb 8, 2002
Olympia, WA USA
There's always the old story/myth of the rider in New York city who beheaded a squirrel when it dashed through his front wheel when training in the park.