Quantcast

Anyone from Jackson Hole, WY?

RastaRider

Chimp
Mar 27, 2006
Charlotte, NC
I don't live there anymore but when I left there was some stuff starting to happen off the South side of the Pass near Ritalin and Lithium. Any progress out that way?

RastaRider

Chimp
Mar 27, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Shadow Mtn north of town is pretty fun. Not super tech. You can bomb it on an XC rig with no trouble and can be shuttled easily. It's also directly across from the Tetons and has amazing views.

Black Canyon is another easy DH but is nice and long. Head to the top of teton pass and then ride south. Ask at the bike shop at the base of the pass for directions to Blacks as well as Phillips Canyon (N. side of pass). Watch for Moose. Crater Lake trail (S. side again) was in the process of become really good when I lived out there. Lots of hips, gaps and drops and can be shuttled as well.

In town there is a bunch of stuff off Snow King mtn. Cache/Game trail is about a 20mi ride with alot of it being down hill. You can either leave a car south of town where the trail dumps out or ride the bike path 6mi (I think) back to town.

I rode all this stuff on my trail bike. I didn't have a DH rig when I lived out there so it's good to go. Make sure you stop and enjoy the views occasionally. I like Wilson Backcountry Sports at the base of the Pass. Also stop into the Stagecoach for an Apres Ride beer and Burger (jalapeno's included).

Feel free to PM if you want any contacts out there.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
No more burgers at the coach, it is a Pica's now.
Anyone coming through, Ping me. I am involved with many of the trail building activites in both valleys. Teton Valley, Idaho has possibly more and better riding in some ways now, but not in others.
PM me for beta or a ride.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
ThePriceSeliger said:
I'm actually headed out there in a few weeks for fishing and golf. I'm hoping there is decent riding there. Can anyone enlighten me?
Just to clarify, there is absolutely outstanding, world class, Facking absurdly great riding out here. Hope that is clear enough.