Quantcast

Anyone going to Wisp next weekend?

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
Cool! I posted right before you did.

I've never been to Wisp, how much riding is up there aside from the race course? I've heard that it's a pretty easy and fast course, that true?

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
We'd love a tour of the mountain. My BF and I will be up there when lifts open on Sat. morning. We don't know anyone else going so we'll be one our own trying to figure things out.

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
I had a good time. It's a really beautiful area. The beginner/sport course was pretty tame so it was all about speed. We rode/walked the pro course which was a lot more challenging with some really really steep sections but still really short. The pro men times were averaging around 1.47 and the sport men were around 2.30. I managed to come in second out of the 4 women racing. My BF got his first win in beginner so he was thrilled.

Thanks to sunner for pointing us in the right direction on the mountain. Maybe we'll see you at Snowshoe sometime.

dhchix

Chimp
Mar 26, 2006
NC
Sounds like a good time. I'm glad to hear everyone made it back with no injuries. VT, Congrats to you and your BF for placing 1st and 2nd.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
VT Mtbkr said:
I had a good time. It's a really beautiful area. The beginner/sport course was pretty tame so it was all about speed. We rode/walked the pro course which was a lot more challenging with some really really steep sections but still really short. The pro men times were averaging around 1.47 and the sport men were around 2.30. I managed to come in second out of the 4 women racing. My BF got his first win in beginner so he was thrilled.

Thanks to sunner for pointing us in the right direction on the mountain. Maybe we'll see you at Snowshoe sometime.
Thats AWESOME!!! Congratulations!

vt you did awesome! Im jealous and mad at my bike at the same time. Now paul ( the guy who crashed real bad in the DS and messed his face up) calls me scooter because of me scooting my bike down the mountain. haha. i do have a cute picture for ya though: