Quantcast

Anyone have an all-female riding group?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
It's hard to find other women to ride with.

I like riding with the guys because they push me, but sometimes I find myself doing things I wouldn't attempt alone or with some of the women I ride with.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Yep, the Bend Bella Cyclists. I find I push myself more alone than with a group though. I'm self motivated really.

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
Yep, I started Ride Like a Girl in my town. We've got Tuesday rides with about 10-15 women showing up. There is also guys who have started their own rides on that night too...affectionately called Ride like a Stalker.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Yep, I started Ride Like a Girl in my town. We've got Tuesday rides with about 10-15 women showing up. There is also guys who have started their own rides on that night too...affectionately called Ride like a Stalker.
Ride like a Stalker! LMAO

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
back in CT there were about 5 girls I rode w/ regularly.

The town I live in now has ALOT more guys than girls.... So there are hardly any girls for me to ride with here. booo.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
We have a standing Monday night ride here, mostly spring summer fall but a few die hards go out with lights all winter. It's fun, the email info list on it is huge. We have anywhere from 5 - 15 usually.

gg

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
Although I do have a couple women friends who ride with me occasionally...you know who you are...
YES! And we need to ride MORE!! This spring/summer/fall will kick some serious ass!!!

The guys push me, but so do the girls--in different ways. The guys force me to go faster, but its encouraging to see a gal friend doing a jump or drop that's bigger than what I would normally do! Then, I have no choice inside but to follow--It will probably RedFoxx's guts that will carry me through the GLC next summer!!! :monkeydance:

redFoxx

Monkey
Apr 15, 2005
Seattle
YES! And we need to ride MORE!! This spring/summer/fall will kick some serious ass!!!

The guys push me, but so do the girls--in different ways. The guys force me to go faster, but its encouraging to see a gal friend doing a jump or drop that's bigger than what I would normally do! Then, I have no choice inside but to follow--It will probably RedFoxx's guts that will carry me through the GLC next summer!!! :monkeydance:
April, you were awesome on that upper level - I was so impressed with your ability to go down those steep faces and go fast. I definitely want to be right behind you on those this year. One of my new year's biking goals is to do all three GLC drops....do you think we can do it??? Ha ha, I'm including you on this. I actually don't know how big that last drop is.:shocked:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I have one woman I ride with frequently who's taught me so much. It's a totally different experience riding with women. It's awesome because she's mechanical too, so she can teach me things without throwing in 50 technical terms, which I've found guys often do.

I'd love to have a group of women to ride with.

luvz2ridez

Monkey
Jul 19, 2006
Shoreline, WA
Although I do have a couple women friends who ride with me occasionally...you know who you are...
Maybe me, you and GrapeApe (and anyone else) would like to get together for a women's ride sometime soon, or a practice session at SST. I have this new shiny Bottle Rocket that hasn't even gotten a spec of dirt on it yet! By the way, I hope to just be able to ride up at Whistler this year! I'm certainly taking a class with the Sugoi Dirt Series as soon as they post their schedule.

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
Maybe me, you and GrapeApe (and anyone else) would like to get together for a women's ride sometime soon, or a practice session at SST. I have this new shiny Bottle Rocket that hasn't even gotten a spec of dirt on it yet! By the way, I hope to just be able to ride up at Whistler this year! I'm certainly taking a class with the Sugoi Dirt Series as soon as they post their schedule.
Absolutely!! Maybe this weekend...we'll have to see how much snow is at SST.

redFoxx

Monkey
Apr 15, 2005
Seattle
Maybe me, you and GrapeApe (and anyone else) would like to get together for a women's ride sometime soon, or a practice session at SST. I have this new shiny Bottle Rocket that hasn't even gotten a spec of dirt on it yet!
It's got to be hard to get a new bike in the wintertime, especially this winter!! UGH.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
The best thing about my all girls riding group is a) how much fun we have and b) our annual xmas party.

The xmas exchange was a hoot this year. I think my contribution was the most fought over: a set of "B*tch" and "Sexy" socks all in one package.:busted:

Fun - where else can you have an all pms group bitch session while riding trails? Life don't get a whole lot better than that.:monkeydance:

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
Yep, I'm with you on the GLC drops. We've got it no problem--just need a little more practice at SST!
The big GLC is breeze. As long as you commit with your speed (which doesn't need to be much on that one), and don't pull up too much, it's yours.

Around the Emerald City you can ride with the local band of LunaChix or the Speedy Beavers if you want an 'all ladies ride'. Look on www.bbtc.org to see their schedules. The Speedy Beavers have a ride at Ft. Ebey coming up. They're good folk. They usually have a separate group for S.O.'s on their rides too.