Quantcast

Anyone have mon. 5th off? (BB)

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Allright, I'm kinda pissed. Sounds like Sat. is the Big Bear monkey fest but I have to baby sit. Well maybe that is not a bad thing if the lines are anything like memorial day. So who has Mon. off and is going up ?

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Memorial day SUCKED!

Hmmmm... I have the day off and the wife has to work. :sneaky:

I can't promise anything since I've only got the hardtail right now... and I'm doing BB Saturday on it. I am interested, as long as I'm not too bruised!

What are their hours on Monday?

R

Rabie

Pegboy said:
Allright, I'm kinda pissed. Sounds like Sat. is the Big Bear monkey fest but I have to baby sit. Well maybe that is not a bad thing if the lines are anything like memorial day. So who has Mon. off and is going up ?
I'm gonna try and ride this weekend. If the collarbone holds up, I'd be down to ride on Monday.

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Memorial weekend may have sucked....but Memorial Day itself was empty w/no lines...Mon might be the day.

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
I posted a thread on going te 5th like a couple threads down!

BUT. I'm going for sure. I should have my new tires by then and I'll be rippin (or trying to)

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
If I was going on the 5th, I'd wear a camo caprice pants, black ringer tee, chain wallet, skate lid and flat pedals... just for pegboy!

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Seriously though, I'll be the guy in the red and white Nicolai gear, with a red giro helmet, on a silver Nicolai. I go by "tech-guy" or ozzer.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Dog Welder said:
I'll be the big Chinese guy on a black Foes.
Oh, well THAT's a big help. That could be any of, er, well, one people....nevermind...

My little contingent of cross country riders will hit BLT to Noble on Monday. Pine Valley parking lot around 7am...damn cloud cover just has to stick until I get up to Penny Pines... We'll be the group with a maniac on an Intense way off the front and a hungover dude on a Fisher in the back.

:dancing:

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
Dog Welder said:
I'll be the big Chinese guy on a black Foes.

lol... then I'll be the lil chinese guy on a silver bighit. Blue and white fox gear, or just look for the guy that keeps crashing and makes huge dust clouds rolling in the dirt.

Bullit21

Monkey
May 14, 2003
Socal
I'll be the guy on the red Buillit with a Romic and a Super T. I finally have a pressure suit so I won't have to be such a wuss anymore :p . I think I recognized all of you guys at AM Cup 1.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
OK, looks like I'm in, too. I'll be the black-robed figure with the traditional white Japanese noh mask...Rabie will be the girl who looks like she's having an orgasm.

Black Nicolai HT or Turner RFX; dunno which I'll be on yet.

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
Hey, jsut got back from bb, it was pretty fun... Thanks to miked for showing me those lines on westridge, pretty cool trail, a lil outta my league, but I just need to work on those lines you showed me. That sucks that they killed the "illegal" trails... hell if they won't do work and won't let anyone else do work wtf?

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
There are a few trails we're accustomed to riding that have been closed off with large, multiple logs, obviously cut to fall across trails. None of the major ones; mostly a few offshoots and bypasses. Some of it we saw opening weekend and altered to the best of our ability; the others I've noticed only recently.

I respect Snow Summit's right to control access...however, if the place eventually comes down to 2 or 3 crappy race runs with poor grooming and terrible design and jumpmaking, they can count me out in the future. I'm getting more and more disenchanted with the drive and hassle for a relatively repetitious and less-than-satisfactory venue. Riding at Ted Williams is actually more fun than Big Bear, even if you count the hassle of pushing or shuttling back up. Snow summit doesn't seem to care, because I don't think we represent any sort of serious cash for them. They'll always have the hikers and the rent-it family mtb crowd, no matter if we go away or not. Maybe it's a major lack of vision on their part, because I think there's a large draw of people from all over Cali and the southwest IF they get their crap together and made it a real DH biking experience

I think maybe I'll save my time and money for a few summer trips to Utah and Northstar in the future...until then, I guess I'll get the most out of my (last?) season pass to BB.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
BB should look at Diablo park in NJ ( xpost - http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90816).

When I lived there in the late 90's everyone went to Platekill in NY... about 2.5 - 3 hours from where I lived. Now all my buddies back there go to Diablo b/c it's closer and the park have done a great job of building things that the riders want...

Unfortunately for us, there are no real alternatives. YET?!?!?!?!

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
MikeD said:
...however, if the place eventually comes down to 2 or 3 crappy race runs with poor grooming and terrible design and jumpmaking, they can count me out in the future. I'm getting more and more disenchanted with the drive and hassle for a relatively repetitious and less-than-satisfactory venue.

I'm pretty sure that if you follow any of the BB management home you'll see them strip out of their human being costumes. I heard from a reputable source that they're actually mean-spirited ass jacks from a parallel universe.