Quantcast

Anyone heard anything about the Verde Vex?

Rambo

Chimp
Apr 12, 2010
I just ordered it after researching a bit on it,yet I couldn't find any reviews. Now I found a few people saying its ****, and that everything breaks on it. Does anyone have any experience with them? I'm starting to get a bit worried.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
http://www.danscomp.com/102030.php?cat=BIKES

for the money you're spending, it'd be in your best interest to spend 40 bucks more and get a complete with a full chromoly frame.

i agree with that. $40 more for all-chromoly frame and fork is worth it. with the Kink, you also get a sealed front hub (instead of unsealed).

call Dan's and see if they'll take the Verde back at no extra shipping cost.

i wonder what "investment-cast" headtube means? . . . the main 2 things i notice with bikes that are not 100% chromoly (only main tube chromoly or all hi-tensile steel) are bent fork and ovalized head tube.

rambo, don't freak out too much though. i've known a lot of people (including myself) who have ridden non-100% chromoly bikes (like complete DK's Haro's etc.) who have not had problems. it kinda depends how hard you are on your bike, if you're a big guy etc.

Details and Specs for Verde 2011 Vex Bike:

Chromoly main frame with investment-cast integrated headtube drilled for gyro tabs,1-1/8" fork with chromoly steerer tube and tapered legs, 2-pc chromoly bars with 8.1" rise, alloy frontload stem, Duo Doyle grips, alloy U-brake and lever, 3-pc tubular chromoly cranks with sealed Mid BB, 25T chainwheel, 14mm semi-sealed cassette with 9T driver, unsealed front hub with 3/8" axle, 36H Cinema 777s single-wall front rim with Duo Gunner Tire, 36H Cinema 777 double-wall rear rim with Duo Stunner tire, Verde Pivotal seat, Duo Resilite PC pedals and 2 steel pegs. 20.5" Toptube (25.4 lbs)

Details and Specs for Kink 2012 Whip Bike:

The 2012 Kink Whip bike features a 100% chromoly frame drilled for gyro tabs with 1-1/8" integrated headset, Kink Volte chromoly fork, Mission Converge stem, Kink Uptown chromoly bars with 8" rise, Kink Omega grips, Tektro U-brake and lever, Mission Transit chromoly 3-pc cranks with sealed Spanish BB, Kink Decimal 25T chainwheel, 14mm sealed Mission React cassette with 9T driver, 3/8" sealed Mission Echo front hub, 36H Alienation PBR front and Black Sheep rear rims, Kink Esoteric Pivotal seat, Mission Impulse PC pedals, Kenda tires and 2 steel pegs. 20.5" Toptube (25.5 lbs)

Last edited:

Rambo

Chimp
Apr 12, 2010
I was considering the kink whip but I think the rims are single wall on it.Also, Verdes seem to snap at the top or down tube usually,but the vex has a chromoly mainframe. Would it be worth the $40 for the sealed hubs,chromoly chainstays, and fork?

Last edited:

Rambo

Chimp
Apr 12, 2010
Oh god dammit, I decided to get the kink whip but they already shipped the vex,I don't think I can return it so I'll just see how the bike holds up.