Quantcast

Anyone in Boston want to ride bikes?

erastusboy

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
I'm in the greater Boston area for the summer, Belmont to be precise, about five seconds from Wheelworks (who doesn't do group rides, despite being the biggest bike shop in the universe, not really complaining) to be even more precise, and I need a few guides. I am down to ride pretty much anything, dj, xc, freeriding, though I might be somewhat limited by only having one bike here. Definately want to make it up to 'Nam a least once while I am here. I have a car so thats not really an issue I just need some fellow riders to show me around.

erastusboy

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
Where are the belmont trails exactly, i would love to have a place to do a quick lap without having to get in my car.

I start work on Monday so by then I will have a better idea of what my schedule will be like. I am working in frammingham so maybe I will check out calahan next week. It would also let traffic clear out a little bit.

Thanks for all the info

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
I am working in frammingham so maybe I will check out calahan next week. It would also let traffic clear out a little bit.
If you are working in Framingham, you are about 10-15 minutes from 'Nam for after work rides. :lighten: You will also have Lake Whitehall, Hopkington SP, and Upton SF if you are looking for XC riding. Callahan is OK for an occasional spin if it's convenient, but the trails aren't anything special, and there is a large amount of dog walkers on the Framingham side.

erastusboy

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
If you are working in Framingham, you are about 10-15 minutes from 'Nam for after work rides. :lighten: You will also have Lake Whitehall, Hopkington SP, and Upton SF if you are looking for XC riding. Callahan is OK for an occasional spin if it's convenient, but the trails aren't anything special, and there is a large amount of dog walkers on the Framingham side.
This job just keeps getting better, trails everywhere.

Splat I'm working right off of route nine about a mile west from mass pike. We should get together after work if we are close, seems like it would be a good way to let some of the rush hour traffic clear out.