Quantcast

ANyone know anything about Keyboards/synthasizers?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I really miss playing the piano. I want to start again, but I live in an apartment, and cant have a real piano. I would also like a keyboard I can hook upto my computer, and use software like CakeWalk to compose and record music.

I'm looking for a full 88 key keyboard, but the catch is, I am on a huuge budget. I'm looking for around 5 bills :( I know that $500 is not a lot of money for this type of thing, but... I dont need all the bells and whistles, just somthing I can play and hook up to my computer.

Any Suggestions?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I know that keyboards and synthesizers were used extensively by the candian rock band RUSH....who sucks.

J

JRB

Yesterday banjos and upright bass. Today it's pianos. Dear God I pray there is no Elton John thread on the way.

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
BurlySurly said:
I know that keyboards and synthesizers were used extensively by the candian rock band RUSH....who sucks.
So wait, all bands that use keys suck? Or just Rush?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
bomberz1qr20 said:
So wait, all bands that use keys suck? Or just Rush?
I was just speaking of Rush, but alot of bands that use keys suck, and some dont. The doors and floyd come to mind as those who dont. But the Dandy Warhols and Elton John and NIN make me want to stab my thumbs off.

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
BurlySurly said:
I was just speaking of Rush, but alot of bands that use keys suck, and some dont. The doors and floyd come to mind as those who dont. But the Dandy Warhols and Elton John and NIN make me want to stab my thumbs off.
My band sounds alot like Rush, so I have to take offense - but you redeem yourself a bit with your Floyd approval.

:D

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Sorry I like to make music. There are few things in life I enjoy, cycling being at the top of the list, but i really miss playing, and I am very passionate about music.

For those of you that helped, thanks ;) I found a Yamaha that looks interesting.... no MIDI, but it has USB :think:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
if it has usb then it has midi already, it just has the midi controller integrated into it. fwiw i sport a yamaha clavinova cvp-65 (old school, ~1991, midi outputs) plugged into a m-audio 2x2 midi converter, all for the purpose of giving input to sibelius. i :heart: sibelius :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
from that site: "In addition, the USB port acts as a MIDI interface, freeing you from having to purchase other MIDI peripherals like cables and adapters to play music"

you're set, get it :thumb: