Quantcast

Anyone not voting?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
big whoopin show of 'conviction'... driving to the polls and pushing a button...

:rolleyes:

if both canidates suck it is your god (or God) given right not to participate in the ass clownery that gets one of them elected.
WTF? Who hacked N 8's account?
Ciaran... Are you serious?

N8 is trying to lessen the importance of the act of voting! Just remember if N8 is endorsing a behavior other than riding a bike, chances are IT IS WRONG!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I voted. It took some time to educate myself on the issue, but voting itself took about 15 minutes. Anyone who says "it's not worth it" is just lazy.

I'm not super stoked on any of the presidential candidates - never have been in my voting life - but for me there is clearly one I'd rather see serving as President than the rest. It's about picking the best choice under the circumstances. And even if my single vote might not amount to much in the race for POTUS, like others have said, the state and local stuff is pretty important and one vote can actually make a difference.

If you don't want to vote, fine, that's your choice, but don't try to give us a reason - just sack up and tell the truth: You don't want to vote because you are too lazy, or because you are too stupid to form an opinion for yourself.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I voted. It took some time to educate myself on the issue, but voting itself took about 15 minutes. Anyone who says "it's not worth it" is just lazy.

I'm not super stoked on any of the presidential candidates - never have been in my voting life - but for me there is clearly one I'd rather see serving as President than the rest. It's about picking the best choice under the circumstances. And even if my single vote might not amount to much in the race for POTUS, like others have said, the state and local stuff is pretty important and one vote can actually make a difference.

If you don't want to vote, fine, that's your choice, but don't try to give us a reason - just sack up and tell the truth: You don't want to vote because you are too lazy, or because you are too stupid to form an opinion for yourself.
The truth hurts some people, OG. They will never sack up. All bark, no bite. No conviction.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I think your reasons for not voting are only right some of the time.

BTW, I voted.

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
I am of the lazy crowd I guess. I will also not complain about the things going wonky in the future. Honestly through the few presidents I have seen in office I have never seen a major difference happen in our society. I am feeling guilty, which is odd for me, for not voting on the local issues though. I think before now I was to young and dumb and I now think I will vote next time. Matter of fact I would vote today, due to feeling slack, but I am not registered do to being slack.
So here I am sacking up.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch

15 mins I wish, our ballet was something like 14 pages long. Anyone going in unprepared is going to be a long time voting. It took me almost 30 mins and I knew what I was voting on almost all the amendments. I think I heard Colorado this election had the longest ballot ever in the US.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I am of the lazy crowd I guess. I will also not complain about the things going wonky in the future. Honestly through the few presidents I have seen in office I have never seen a major difference happen in our society. I am feeling guilty, which is odd for me, for not voting on the local issues though. I think before now I was to young and dumb and I now think I will vote next time. Matter of fact I would vote today, due to feeling slack, but I am not registered do to being slack.
So here I am sacking up.
:stupid: Exactly, laziness and waiting until the last minute is my excuse. It's too late to register...

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Anyone going in unprepared is going to be a long time voting.
Well yeah, but going to the polls unprepared is a bad idea anyway. There's just not enough on the face of most propositions and candidate statements. Better to leave things blank if you don't have enough info. Plus sitting there for an hour trying to make a snap decision is not fair to the people in line waiting.

Over the last few months I checked out the issues, made my decisions, and went to the polls with a sample ballot all ready to go. Can I have a cookie?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
15 mins I wish, our ballet was something like 14 pages long. Anyone going in unprepared is going to be a long time voting. It took me almost 30 mins and I knew what I was voting on almost all the amendments. I think I heard Colorado this election had the longest ballot ever in the US.
LA has a time limit of 3 min in the booth.. it's a state law.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Back that up with some copy & paste. I want to see proof of this.
LA is not the only state with a 3 min time limit.. SC has one..

§563. Procedure for voting

C.(1) A voter shall not remain in a voting machine longer than three minutes. If a voter fails to leave a voting machine promptly after a commissioner has notified him that three minutes have elapsed, the commissioners shall have the voter removed from the voting machine.

To read this and related laws, go to Title 18, Louisiana Revised Statutes, at http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=81644

Last edited:

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
Whoops!

Most states require that employers give you up to two hours paid time off to vote.

But props for your honesty.
You know I asked earlier and they told me I had to take leave. You see I am already learning stuff for the next round.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Stopped by the polling station as it is in the middle of our Tues nite CX practice course. Checked my bike at the door.
Voted on state ballot issues and non-binding state resolutions, left the federal and state electoral slots blank.

Then I threw some moltovs in the kiddie pool and went back to work.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
JHFC people. There are MORE than two choices on the fvcking ballot.

And the local issues are often the more important issues to people in their everyday lives.

GO FVCKING VOTE!!

:mad:

Are you daft? Yes, there may "be" more than two choices on the ballot, but there is NO WAY any of them will ever win. period. At least not anytime soon. There is only one thing that Democrats and Republicans can agree on, and that is that there will only be Democrats and Republicans. They will never let an independent win.

I did not vote, my absentee ballot didn't come in, but I am not bothered about it. I don't want ANY of them to be my President, so the fact I didn't vote for them isn't a big deal to me.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
This thread is full of so much FAIL on so many levels.

Of all of us dumbasses who have posted in this thread, I am noticing some people who are conspicuously absent. I applaud them for being much smarter than those of us who have posted in this thread.

:cheers:

to all you dumbasses who thinks it's up to the President to make changes....:bonk::bonk:
But... but... but.. Obama said he was going to enact change, and that we need change, and that there will be change... change, change, change!!!!! CHAAAAAAAANGE!!!!

:p

Last edited:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
This thread is full of so much FAIL on so many levels.

Of all of us dumbasses who have posted in this thread, I am noticing some people who are conspicuously absent. I applaud them for being much smarter than those of us who have posted in this thread.

YAY me for starting it! :cheers:

No go make some chain mail, Knight Who Said Knee. :p

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
I didn't vote. I have every right to complain as well. When sh*t is all f***ed up, you can't blame me, but I can blame you. You fools voted him into office, I didn't. I wash my hands clean.

G'Day

Also, the president does not run the country. MONEY MONEY MONEY runs the country. SPECIAL INTEREST SPECIAL INTEREST SPECIAL INTEREST.

GREED GREED GREED AND SHADY DEALS RUN THE COUNTRY.

But I'm the a**hole right?

As for Obama, there will be change. All that will be left in your bank account and wallet will be CHANGE