Quantcast

anyone racing skibowl

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
PsychO!1 said:
???Skibowl, Bad Mojo??? :confused:

I love the Skibowl Mojo!!! Why you bagg'n on the mojo???
Kevin crashed super hard there last year. Shattered the front of his full face and got a bad concusion. He doesn't remember the ride back to Seattle.

I have 'advised' him not to ride there again.

Other than that I really like the skibowl, great places to see the race.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Who cares about Fathers day!!!! JUST KIDDING! It is a bummer that it falls on that weekend. Sorry Dad!!!! Gotta race!!!! :D

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
MUTOLI said:
Who cares about Fathers day!!!! JUST KIDDING! It is a bummer that it falls on that weekend. Sorry Dad!!!! Gotta race!!!! :D
Im still going....... i hope get home before 12am so technically ill be there on fathers day.....

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Snacks said:
Kevin crashed super hard there last year. Shattered the front of his full face and got a bad concusion. He doesn't remember the ride back to Seattle.

I have 'advised' him not to ride there again.

Other than that I really like the skibowl, great places to see the race.
Snacks, did Kevin crash off that ramp?? Just so you and kevin know, if that is the section, there are a lot of people that think that part of the course is pretty stupid and akwardly built. There's a group that is going to do trail work on the course this weekend and are trying to get the section changed by removing the ramp section or making it so at least you don't exit the ramp into a boulder. I'll be in Chelan that weekend, but I'll let you know if I hear anything about the course.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
DH Diva said:
Snacks, did Kevin crash off that ramp?? Just so you and kevin know, if that is the section, there are a lot of people that think that part of the course is pretty stupid and akwardly built. There's a group that is going to do trail work on the course this weekend and are trying to get the section changed by removing the ramp section or making it so at least you don't exit the ramp into a boulder. I'll be in Chelan that weekend, but I'll let you know if I hear anything about the course.
Yep. He's not really sure what happen..... he remembers rolling down the rock. He thinks his fork might have completely compressed and some how he landed on his face at full speed. As his face hit the dirt his teeth went through his lower lip :( He didn't have feeling in is jaw for about 3 weeks.

Other than that we really enjoy the course down there.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Snacks said:
Yep. He's not really sure what happen..... he remembers rolling down the rock. He thinks his fork might have completely compressed and some how he landed on his face at full speed. As his face hit the dirt his teeth went through his lower lip :( He didn't have feeling in is jaw for about 3 weeks.

Other than that we really enjoy the course down there.
Yeah, there was a really good sized hole forming at the base of the ramp from people rolling down it and having to slam their brakes on so they didn't hit the tree or the rock that where at the bottom. There where a couple people at the race before that there front end just stuck in that hole and it shot you straight in to the ground, the rock, or the tree. Well, hopefully that section gets removed. They guy doing most of the trail work this year wants it gone, so there's a good chance it will get nixed. I hope you guys come back down to hood. I know there is at least one race there that doesn't conflict with the WIM series.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
DH Diva said:
Yeah, there was a really good sized hole forming at the base of the ramp from people rolling down it and having to slam their brakes on so they didn't hit the tree or the rock that where at the bottom. There where a couple people at the race before that there front end just stuck in that hole and it shot you straight in to the ground, the rock, or the tree. Well, hopefully that section gets removed. They guy doing most of the trail work this year wants it gone, so there's a good chance it will get nixed. I hope you guys come back down to hood. I know there is at least one race there that doesn't conflict with the WIM series.

Isn't there a race down there is Sept? If you have the web site to Ski Bowl races handy could you please post it?

Thanks! :)

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Snacks said:
Isn't there a race down there is Sept? If you have the web site to Ski Bowl races handy could you please post it?

Thanks! :)
Here's the information page Peter has written up:
http://www.skibowl.com/winter/downloads/MtBikeInfo.pdf

If that link doesn't work, here is the skibowl page and there is a link on the main page:

www.skibowl.com

There isn't much info about the hood races on the obra.org page, partly because I think peter and another race director had a bit of a falling out, and peter isn't part of the Oregon state championship series. There was even talk that he may split and go back to norba. Thats just unconfirmed gossip though. I personally think it would be great if he did go back to norba. Well, I'll see you at chelan!

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Hack said:
What is the difference between the sport and expert course? Or is it the same.
I think the beginner/sport,s race once and expert/pro's race twice. I raced the last downhill race last year. I'm not sure where the easier classes went but at the start they headed off in the opposite direction. We started at the peak, went straight across where the lift lets off, zig zag through jagged rocks with a drop into more rocks and a sharp turn, drop down into cannon ball, after cannon ball straight across and into the woods, a tall north shore bridge thing with a drop or steep roll down, zig zag down through the woods over boulders etc. Back out to an access road then down to the finish.
I think some of the classes didn't do the top section before cannonball, went on the road instead. I think only the pro/experts did the section with the ladder, the others did the gnar gnar trail.
I had not planned to go but maybe I will. I'll check at work about bringing the van and trailer and demo bikes.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Pulling this thread from the dead.....

How was the race on fathers day? A friend of mine was there the last race and had a great time (won his class). He doesnt plan on doing any more WIM races. Said the drive from the south sound was only 3hrs, they pay the top 10 times of the day...PAY $$..... Shuttles are lifts, timing was very quick, course is very challenging...all the stuff everyone wishes the WIM series was.........

Whos racing this upcomming weekend? Im commited to wenatchee and the WIM series this year, but am considering checking out the last race in september. They have any in august??