Quantcast

Anyone ride a diesel frame

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
no,but there a killer frame from what ive heard, u never see them because no one can afford them, similar to the orange, but better and lighter. and made by trek.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
I think there are a few people on MTBR that ride Diesels. I give that a shot.

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Originally posted by mack
because no one can afford them
More like, because noone can justifty the expense. Don't know what Trek were thinking with that one. I wouldn't really want to buy a bike from them anyway, personally, they don't seem to have a real direction as a company, just chop and change designs to jump on the next riding bandwagon.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
to add the ¨ to the "u" in uber, hold the option key and then type "u". like this, ü. In a sentence, the über correct way to spell über is as such. The option key plus just about any other key makes for fun and exciting new punctuation. check it out.:cool:

I think Diesel treks are cool, but Diesel trucks are much cooler! They have more torque.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
Originally posted by SuperSlow
Just curious about overall impression for race. Have the chance to get a new one and would like some rider feedback.
I ride last year's Diesel Freeride. It was sold as a complete bike with a front der, and two rings up front and the Boxxer came set at 6". But it came with their CTE(chaun torque eliminator), a roller that holds the chain up high enough so that there is no pedal induced bobbing or pedal feedback when the swingarm goes through the travel. I use that, in combination with an MRP chainguide switch the fork to 7"(easy) and it's a DH bike. It's a very stiff bike front to back and pedals much better than most other DH bikes I've pedaled, and that's not with a stable platform shock. It's also got the floating rear brake, which is cool(and works). The only thing I dislike is the fork(Boxxer Race). But it came on the bike and I can't afford another one. Plus, you're probably getting the frame, if you choose to, so you can spec a different fork.

Oh, and it weighs ~43lbs.

A 10" travel Diesel is in the works for next year.

quadricolour

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Cambria, CA
Originally posted by punkassean
to add the ¨ to the "u" in uber, hold the option key and then type "u". like this, ü. In a sentence, the über correct way to spell über is as such. The option key plus just about any other key makes for fun and exciting new punctuation. check it out.:cool:

I think Diesel treks are cool, but Diesel trucks are much cooler! They have more torque.
As mentioned in another thread, "ueber" is also acceptable. Oh, and what's the market share for Apple? 3% or so? Not many option keys out there. ;)